Don't ask, don't tell. Debate, don't fight! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
I know nothing...

Don't ask, don't tell. Debate, don't fight!

I think everyone can agree that the other threads have completely broken down. I hate the idea of another thread on this but I believe the subject is worth it.

Leave your butt hurt feelings at the door and look up "debate" before joining. Please refrain from name calling and throwing Barry or any other pres into it. Just lay out your arguement using facts and opinions. This is NOT a biblical quest to justify Homosexuality. We already know what God says. Just keep it to the subject and keep your emotions in check.

I'd like to extend this to include Charles as well because I believe he had some input but didn't want to be part of the mob. I'll also ask that the moderation will give some latitude to Rick in respect to some of the members getting pissy.

I'll start,
I think DADT should be left as is. Its no ones biz what you prefer and not important for any war or moral effort for a gay person to divulge.

Doesn't roll with anyone or tag along to be cool...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
PSN Local

Re: Don't ask, don't tell. Debate, don't fight!

i agree. wheather you like one sex or the other, your personal performance in the field speaks for itself.......if any of the members of the force, are good at what they do, who cares who they like to have sex with. If they don't perform in the field then that is a totally different question but sexuality should not be in question.
My flame suit on and my 2 cents worth

2011 F350 CC Dually, Lariat, ultimate package PSD, lock pick, line x, weather guard x box. Pic in avatar.

2000 xcab F250 PSD 4x4 not even close to stock, broken Feb 2011 (collision, write off)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
JDG's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to 99F250Smitty

The morals of being gay can be debated all day long for sure.

That being said, my biggest problem is that there is any policy in the first place, I mean really the straight people have a DADT policy, we dont' walk in and have to announce we are straight, it should be vice versa. So to that affect I think the DADT should stay in place. Its no ones business, As I said in the other thread, I DON"T NEED TO KNOW. And it doesn't constantly need to be in the mainstream media, way to much attention is given to it.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Shouldn't DADT apply to all members of the armed forces, hetro or homo? Aren't there rules in place today for the members to control their urges?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #5 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
I know nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Shouldn't DADT apply to all members of the armed forces, hetro or homo? Aren't there rules in place today for the members to control their urges?
As I understand it, it applies to all sexual prefrence.

post #6 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
FNG

DADT should remain.

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine

Quote:
The Darwinian paradox of male homosexuality in humans is examined, i.e. if male homosexuality has a genetic component and homosexuals reproduce less than heterosexuals, then why is this trait maintained in the population? In a sample of 98 homosexual and 100 heterosexual men and their relatives (a total of over 4600 individuals), we found that female maternal relatives of homosexuals have higher fecundity than female maternal relatives of heterosexuals and that this difference is not found in female paternal relatives. The study confirms previous reports, in particular that homosexuals have more maternal than paternal male homosexual relatives, that homosexual males are more often later-born than first–born and that they have more older brothers than older sisters. We discuss the findings and their implications for current research on male homosexuality.
I have only one opinion on this, and since I haven't been studying this subject for a while I can't re-find my sources, but.

I see very many people stating that it is a choice, I do not believe that the case is so. There is some genetics involved, we all know mutations do occur and these mutations do not always make sense from a evolutionary standpoint(People should really check out The Blind Watchmaker). I'm not claiming that there aren't some people that would, for whatever reason, choose to be gay, however I do think that most people who have been gay since their teens were just born that way.

One of them truckless bastards.
post #8 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
I know nothing...

The debate is about dadt.

post #9 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800joedaddy View Post
As I understand it, it applies to all sexual prefrence.
According to this...it doesn't look like it does.

The problem I have with the current policy, is that a single mention of being gay............could send a damn good soldier packing.

I understand the opposition to having gays flaunt it and the resultant animosity toward them if they do.

I just think that there are already rules/regulations in place, that would prohibit that kind of behavior (conduct unbecoming?).

I think a lot of those against, have it in their minds of a Klinger type guy next to them....and I just don't see that happening.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 158 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
I know nothing...

I agree that singeling out "gay" is distastefull. How would you rectify?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode