Maybe this is why Suns_PSD thinks the economy is getting better - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Maybe this is why Suns_PSD thinks the economy is getting better

Life Inc. - Vegas still flattened by downturn, but Austin may be bulletproof

Quote:
Austin, Texas, has the nation’s best-performing economy over the past two years, while Las Vegas has the worst, according to a new study of 150 of the world’s biggest metropolitan areas.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Maybe this is why Suns_PSD thinks the economy is getting better

Texas is the state to live in. While the nation has been going down hill, Texas has been doing alright.

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Junior Mint

Interesting.

On the trucking side, I'm told our recovery here in TX is lagging behind the rest of the country but I believe we are heavily propped up by technology here in Austin. Doesn't seem to help trucking but everything else is holding up better than expected. I actually sell about 1/2 my trucks out of state and that is where all my orders are going right now.

Either way, intake orders are WAY up. Used truck prices are WAY WAY up. The recession is technically over. Trucking is primed for 3-5 years of boom times that's for sure. Even the holiday shopping season was very strong, nationwide.

We put an advert for a receptionist up on Craig's List and received 82 resumes in like 2 hours before we pulled the ad. Which would suggest to me that job supply is a bit low.

Jobs lag behind the economy. The jobs weren't lost until well after the recession began and now that it is over employers will stall to rehire for as long as possible.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Gandy Dancer

Or maybe it's this?

Market Up (click here)

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks rallied on Wednesday as upbeat U.S. and Chinese data lifted investor confidence about a global economic recovery.

The U.S. private sector posted its largest jobs gain in three years and manufacturing grew for a 16th month running, while China posted strong factory production data.

"Manufacturing data shows a continuation of the positive trend and new orders were pretty strong and employment has been improving," said Zahid Siddique, associate portfolio manager at Gabelli Equity Trust in Rye, New York, noting overseas data was also supportive of stocks.

"Overall, the combination of that data is driving the market higher," he said.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 PM
PSN Local

San Antonio is doing well. All of my friends in construction and development are still going good.

2005 F350 4X4
SCT with TSD Tunes
4" straight exhaust
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Junior Mint

:) Glad to hear it!!!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
PSN Veteran

I hope that the economy is getting better, there are too many people out of work right now. I sure thought we would get more for our $800 B though, didnt you?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Don't judge me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
I hope that the economy is getting better, there are too many people out of work right now. I sure thought we would get more for our $800 B though, didnt you?
not really. the oil field didn't see a dime and was even forced out of the gulf, yet where i live we have been hiring like crazy for the past year. unfortunately, it looks like we are going into a rut again but that is the patch.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Junior Mint

The TARP program cost 25 billion total. Not 700 billion.

TARP's (bail out) only cost 3.5% of initial projections. - Powerstroke Nation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode