Totally out of character - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.
Totally out of character

I normally would never start a political type thread, I'm not that good at arguing, but I just received a questionnaire in the mail. It was from, The Investor Protection Association for America. I have no way to scan it into my computer for all to see, hopefully, one of you that can, would be good enough to do it. I'm sure I can't be the only one that got it.
Any way, it has 10 questions regarding how you think about how well the present admin is doing, should the Bush tax cuts be extended, what should be the fiscal high points to focus on, etc., etc. They are all multiple choice, how convenient. They say these surveys will be presented to both houses in Congress, and both democrap and republicanned.
The questions are OK, I guess, and I guess the assorted answers they've provided to choose from, may be as well.
After I answered the best I could, judging by the responses they provided, I added one of my own;
#11. Stop wasting tax dollars on helping other countries, and reinvest in the American people instead. In other words, take care of Americans FIRST! In my way of thinking, likely billions each year could be saved, and actually put where it should go.

At the bottom, there is a space to give your phone number. I did give them mine. I'm taking bets I'll never be called.
I guess my whole pointe here is, how many others got this? Do you think it might have a chance, even with the canned responses, of doing anything at all? Any comments?
I'm done now.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Totally out of character

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
At the bottom, there is a space to give your phone number. I did give them mine. I'm taking bets I'll never be called.
I'll take bets that.............the calls never stop!!

Investor Protection Call List For Sale (click here)
Quote:
This influential file is predominately males between the ages of 48-65 and is an ideal audience for newsletters, subscription, book, general merchandise, high end travel, health and preservation of capital offers.

I got it from this.

Blog (click here)
Quote:
Investor Protection Association For America Scam

I got an official looking letter from these guys today asking my opinion on important issues so they could tell Congress. Being a marketing guy I tried to figure out what was really going on, especially since health care reform was no where to be found. At the very bottom they asked for a phone number. Turns out the survey is a sham to get your permission for telemarketers to buy their list and sell you investments. You can buy the list here.

On the bright side I was running out of starter paper for the grill.

You may want to change your phone number...........quickly.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 PM

I get this crap....I just fill their return envelopes with other crap....once it was real crap....from my dog.....the questionaire came from the Republican National Commity.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

I love telemarketers.......I usually wait until they stop for a breath and ask them....."would you like to buy some hogs?".......
"What?"....they reply
"I've got some hogs for sale....I thought you might want to buy some"....

They usually hang up on me.....

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Don't judge me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I get this crap....I just fill their return envelopes with other crap....once it was real crap....from my dog.....the questionaire came from the Republican National Commity.
you, my friend, are a genius
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 PM
All done now

Guy called and asked if I would like metal siding. I lit into him, letting him know a painted houses for a living. A guy called and asked if I needed windows. I asked, what for, I live in an underground house.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

OH F!&@^#$ BOY!!!! That's what I get thinking possibly something just might be accomplished. Ya, da yokes on me, eh?
Hey Gandy, thanks. I've got all my phones on the Do Not Call Registry, plus, I haven't mailed it back yet. Guess I won't now. Should have done a bit of homework.

You other guys gave me some good ideas if the telemarketers ever get through. Usually I'd just talk like a moron insisting they tell me what I won. Now that dog shiite idea, excellent for credit card offers, Mutual of Omaha, and Publishers Clearing House!!

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
One of a kind

Look up the skit were the guy poses as a detective and tells the telemarketor that he just called a crime sene it is funny. Sorry I can't spell.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
40 lug nuts

My dad would pretend that he was hard of hearing....

"WHAT?! NO, I'M NOT SINGLE! I'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR 39 YEARS! WHAAAAT? SHINGLES? NO ONE BY THAT NAME LIVES HERE!"

Longest call he was ever on lasted about 12 seconds.

BULLETPROOF DIESEL

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto

2005 F-250
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:34 PM
40 lug nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
Look up the skit were the guy poses as a detective and tells the telemarketor that he just called a crime sene it is funny. Sorry I can't spell.
Jim Florentine. He's funny as chit.

BULLETPROOF DIESEL

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto

2005 F-250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode