Well said by Rush... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well said by Rush...

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.... If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining
that it's not enough . Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.. (Actually, soldiers & sailors are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in theMiddle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing . Make sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Well said by Rush...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.
Typical for Limpbaugh, this is a flat out lie.

Congressional members are covered under the exact same retirement system as all other federal employees, which is a sliding scale calculated on the number of years of service and your "high 3" years of earnings.

First of all, it takes 5 years to be vested. So obviously a one term service would not qualify.

Secondly, since 1984 they DO pay SS under the FERS system. If they have been there previous to 1984, they are under CSRS and didn't pay into SS....nor will they collect it.

Retirement (click here)

Quote:
Congressional pensions, like those of other federal employees, are financed through a combination of employee and employer contributions. All members pay
Social Security payroll taxes equal to 6.2% of the Social Security taxable wage base ($84,900 in 2002).
Now how many of you would have just belived Limpbaugh?

C'mon............raise your hands.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Junior Mint

I would like to know more about the claimed huge difference in compensation between 9/11 victims and soldiers. I actually don't know why we would be compensating any of the victims of 9/11 actually. That is the job of their life insurance companies.

Although Rush is typically so full of hot air he is not worth my time (who really has the time to dig thru all of his rants to verify what is actually 100% true?) sometimes he can absolutely nail it (as can anyone).

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
I actually don't know why we would be compensating any of the victims of 9/11 actually. That is the job of their life insurance companies.
^^ tend to agree with that...

I dont have a problem with providing health care to first responders and/or some sort of compensation for those who died AFTER 9/11 from illness directly related to exposure during the cleanup etc.

the blanket settlement is ridiculous. what are the lawyers getting????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Typical for Limpbaugh, this is a flat out lie.

Congressional members are covered under the exact same retirement system as all other federal employees, which is a sliding scale calculated on the number of years of service and your "high 3" years of earnings.

First of all, it takes 5 years to be vested. So obviously a one term service would not qualify.

Secondly, since 1984 they DO pay SS under the FERS system. If they have been there previous to 1984, they are under CSRS and didn't pay into SS....nor will they collect it.

Retirement (click here)

Now how many of you would have just belived Limpbaugh?

C'mon............raise your hands.

My hand is raised. I am shocked you just jumped to conclusions and didn't do any research.

http:
//urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_rush_limbaugh2.htm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001 F-550 4X4 Lariat
BTS Tranny
PHP Phoenix chip
H2E Turbo With WW II
Adrenalin
Banks Intercooler and exhaust
In tank and pre-pump mods
Numerous minor Mods

Other Diesels
08 GL 320 CDI
02 VW Golf TDI
3054 Kioti Tractor
Kubota ZD 323
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMKCM View Post
My hand is raised. I am shocked you just jumped to conclusions and didn't do any research.

http:
//urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_rush_limbaugh2.htm
Yes, ya got me.

Knowing Binderpower, I should have immediately questioned the veracity of his post.

Instead, I was able to refute part of it simply by my own knowledge.

Thanks for pointing out........ that Binderpower has no credibility and posts false information.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Yes, ya got me.

Knowing Binderpower, I should have immediately questioned the veracity of his post.

Instead, I was able to refute part of it simply by my own knowledge.

Thanks for pointing out........ that Binderpower has no credibility and posts false information.

Cool, but just come out and say it, Rush is Right! It won't hurt,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001 F-550 4X4 Lariat
BTS Tranny
PHP Phoenix chip
H2E Turbo With WW II
Adrenalin
Banks Intercooler and exhaust
In tank and pre-pump mods
Numerous minor Mods

Other Diesels
08 GL 320 CDI
02 VW Golf TDI
3054 Kioti Tractor
Kubota ZD 323
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMKCM View Post
Cool, but just come out and say it, Rush is Right! It won't hurt,
Rush is on the right.............but he's usually wrong.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
PSN Veteran

Usually? Where is your proof?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Rush is on the right.............but he's usually wrong.

I have to agree, that while I do listen to him sometimes and that he does have some good ideas and bring up some good topics, I can't help but cringe everytime I hear him cite wikipedia.

2008 F250--Just the basics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode