Fine for leaving airport - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Caption This

Fine for leaving airport

If I buy an airline ticket then, when I get to the airport, I get so upset with the security people that I decide I want to leave and not even fly, I have to pay a fine?

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
2000 F-250 CC 4x4 PSD Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Science rulz

Send a message via AIM to Coltaine
Re: Fine for leaving airport

Only a late cancellation or possibly a no cancellation fee, but I doubt there's a real fine for it, not that I know of anyway. Mind I'm not as frequently travelling as I used to.

One of them truckless bastards.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Banning Smut

Not directed at you, Ed....but

I honestly dont know why everyone is upset with the scanners. I could give a flip. If it makes my flight safer, I'm fine with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSUPERD View Post

I honestly dont know why everyone is upset with the scanners. I could give a flip. If it makes my flight safer, I'm fine with it.
Its not the scanners, its the "getting felt up" that seems to be bothering people. That is all i have been hearing about on the radio the past few mornings...

I have no real experience though, i flew twice about 7 years ago i think. Other than that i dont fly, so dont actually know the whole situation, just whats in the media. But if you buy a plane ticket and dont fly, seems like you wuold lose that money and at most that should be it, not an additional charge...

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Caption This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
Only a late cancellation or possibly a no cancellation fee, but I doubt there's a real fine for it, not that I know of anyway. Mind I'm not as frequently travelling as I used to.
11000 fine airport - Google Search

If only those who knew what they were talking about replied, this thread would still be on page one.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444-4D View Post
HOLE-E-CHIT

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
Its not the scanners, its the "getting felt up" that seems to be bothering people. That is all i have been hearing about on the radio the past few mornings...

I have no real experience though, i flew twice about 7 years ago i think. Other than that i dont fly, so dont actually know the whole situation, just whats in the media. But if you buy a plane ticket and dont fly, seems like you wuold lose that money and at most that should be it, not an additional charge...
You only get felt up if you opt out of the scan though right?

|
|
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Quote:
It sounded like that at first, but what iv been hearing now is it can be kind of a random either or... But that was just what ONE person on the radio was making it sound like, so im still not sure. Definitly would be researching it to find out if i was planning on flying anytime in the future...

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Caption This

Quote:

It is more than the scanners, it's the whole security system. I would have no problem standing at the front door of the airport and picking 300 people that I would feel safe flying with. I could do this as fast as they could check their luggage. Most of them I could choose while they were wearing their shoes and some without a single question.

A trained security person should be able to do the same thing much better than me.

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Not exactly.....there are "random" feel ups being performed as well. Then you have some, cancer survivors, that are sketptical of any radiation. One lady had to show her prosthetic breast(s).

It's amazing the rights we will give up for some false sense of security.

Being serious here....what happens when a bomb is found in an anus? Body cavity searches?

An inmate in Alabama was found with TWO cell phones up his ass last week. That is quite a bit of explosives that could get through.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode