Honored - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Honored

My wife and I were eating lunch today at a local nice restaurant/brewery. They have amazing food and the best ale on the planet. At the next table were 4 Air Force personnel. A Captain, a Senior Master Sergeant, and 2 Tech Sergeants. As we ate we decided to pick up their tab. We called the waiter over and asked him to bring their tabs to our table. When the guys realized what was going on they were surprised, which surprised us. We actually thought that this would be a regular occurrence in this country, but I guess not. But that is not the point, we were honored to do this for our serving military in a time of war. When we got up to leave they jumped to their feet and all shook our hands and we had a moment of who was more honored. I think we won. These guys are serving in a time when things are stacked against the military. We appreciate that they are doing. One very cool thing is that they gave us a Unit Coin. These guys work for a very interesting unit and we now have a sign of their commitment to our country. God Speed to these awesome guys!

Richard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F350 4X4
SCT with TSD Tunes
4" straight exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:24 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Re: Honored

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSATX View Post
My wife and I were eating lunch today at a local nice restaurant/brewery. They have amazing food and the best ale on the planet. At the next table were 4 Air Force personnel. A Captain, a Senior Master Sergeant, and 2 Tech Sergeants. As we ate we decided to pick up their tab. We called the waiter over and asked him to bring their tabs to our table. When the guys realized what was going on they were surprised, which surprised us. We actually thought that this would be a regular occurrence in this country, but I guess not. But that is not the point, we were honored to do this for our serving military in a time of war. When we got up to leave they jumped to their feet and all shook our hands and we had a moment of who was more honored. I think we won. These guys are serving in a time when things are stacked against the military. We appreciate that they are doing. One very cool thing is that they gave us a Unit Coin. These guys work for a very interesting unit and we now have a sign of their commitment to our country. God Speed to these awesome guys!

Richard
Thats awesome man, its always good to know people do appreciate the military.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks Seabee! I knew that you would be one to understand how we felt.

2005 F350 4X4
SCT with TSD Tunes
4" straight exhaust

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
PSN Veteran

Good on you for showing your support in a very real way.

Not to derail but I befriended and supported a returned Somalia/Kuwait/Iraq soldier over the course of a couple of years - mostly just with "friendship" and time. It was my honor to do so! I was completely blown away when he secretly got some of his fellow Marines together and had a little "ceremony" for me and they presented me with a genuine USMC Ka-Bar. I told him I would display it on the wall and he said, "Hell no! Go get that thing bloody on your next hunting trip!". Like your story, I certainly felt more honored and didn't realize how much a little support goes a loooooong ways for some folks. I was happy to do it.

Great story.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Gandy Dancer

Good job Richard.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 01:18 AM
<-Friends bike

Awesome .....

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families

Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 01:23 AM
id: 5520

Quote:

Richard
Man that must have made you feel good.. If I ever have the opportunity I will do the same..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Smart A$$

Quote:

Richard
Firehunter Good on you for showing your support in a very real way.

Not to derail but I befriended and supported a returned Somalia/Kuwait/Iraq soldier over the course of a couple of years - mostly just with "friendship" and time. It was my honor to do so! I was completely blown away when he secretly got some of his fellow Marines together and had a little "ceremony" for me and they presented me with a genuine USMC Ka-Bar. I told him I would display it on the wall and he said, "Hell no! Go get that thing bloody on your next hunting trip!". Like your story, I certainly felt more honored and didn't realize how much a little support goes a loooooong ways for some folks. I was happy to do it.

Great story.

Both of these stories, WAY cool-

I was gone last year and couldn't remember it happening at all the year before, but this year it seemed like every restaurant in town was offering free meals to Vets on Veterans' Day. Applebees, Chilli's, TGI Fridays, Golden Coral and countless others. First we went to Applebees, and there was an hour wait so we went to leave. That's when I seen an old bird wearing his ol' flight jacket, olive drab trousers, bloused, with black combat boots. Proud Vet. Just lots of great support these days- when people give me their thanks and everything else, I tell them that its the Vets that came before me are the ones that we should be thanking. I don't know...

'97 F-350 CC 5-spd, Pyro, fuel and boost gauges, Banks intercooler, H2E turbo, Adrenaline HPOP, huge clutch, custom ADII regulated fuel system. Should be about 500 hp at the rear, don't know about torque. THIS IS MY BATTLE TANK- Project in Process

4XMayhem.com
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:58 PM
PSN Veteran

The wife and i do this on the rare occasion we go out but I make sure no one tells them who paid for it. I like watching them scan the room trying to figure out who did it and the smiles on their faces.

2002 F-250 SD Lariat CC 4x4
7.3L automatic.
Underdash gauge pod with ISSPRO gauges.
Zoodad.
AIH delete.
DIY Tymar filter.
Sonnax Kit.
4" turbo back straight exhaust and 4-6" Silverline chrome tip.
20" wheels with 32x12.5 Toyo MT's
'08 aluminum rear diff cover.
SOLID AXLE front cover.
A/C Mod
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Rock Steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevrKnow View Post
The wife and i do this on the rare occasion we go out but I make sure no one tells them who paid for it. I like watching them scan the room trying to figure out who did it and the smiles on their faces.
Thats been my method as well, really want them to think that everyone there appreciates thier service. My favorite spot is the bars at the airport. You can watch them in a group and they each have a different guess of who did it , this way I feel I got more bang for my buck.

2000 F-450 Dump NLTD tunes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode