I thought this administration was medical marijuana friendly - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I thought this administration was medical marijuana friendly

Speak no evil: DEA, DOJ stay mum on medical marijuana raids | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Quote:
Despite campaign promises to the contrary, the Department of Justice under President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder hasnít stopped raiding marijuana dispensaries operating in states where sale of the drug is legal for medical purposes. But the DOJ has demonstrated one marked change now that itís under Democratic control: The department has stopped publicizing medical marijuana raids, both by requesting that more cases be sealed under court order and by refusing to distribute press releases.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Re: I thought this administration was medical marijuana friendly

ASAFederal Agents Raid At Least Five Las Vegas Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Quote:
Las Vegas, NV -- The federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) conducted raids earlier today on at least five medical marijuana dispensaries in Las Vegas, Nevada, and reportedly seized patient and financial records, but made no arrests. According to the Associated Press, Natalie Collins, spokeswoman for the local U.S. Attorney's office said that the federal search warrants and "supporting affidavits stemming from what she called 'an ongoing law enforcement operation' were sealed by federal court order." The dispensaries raided today by federal agents and local police included: Happiness Consultant, Salvation Haven, Nature's Way, Organic Releaf, & Holistic Solutions.

The federal raids come nearly a year after an October 2009 Justice Department directive issued to U.S. Attorneys in medical marijuana states, deprioritizing enforcement against medical marijuana patients and providers. The Las Vegas raids occurred less than two months after another spate of federal raids in July against state-compliant patients in California and Michigan. "The federal government should never be called on to enforce local or state medical marijuana laws," said Caren Woodson, Director of Government Affairs with Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the country's largest medical marijuana advocacy group. "The federal DEA must abide by the Justice Department policy and stay out of the enforcement of local and state medical marijuana laws."

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Don't judge me...

so now they are for states rights?

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
so now they are for states rights?
Obama Administration to Stop Raids on Medical Marijuana Dispensers - NYTimes.com

Quote:
WASHINGTON ó Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Wednesday outlined a shift in the enforcement of federal drug laws, saying the administration would effectively end the Bush administrationís frequent raids on distributors of medical marijuana

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Junior Mint

I've never heard this admin mention being Medical friendly. Maybe I missed it but generally it's political suicide to do so.

Anyways, a childhood friend of mine was raided this year by the Feds so they are certainly still active. They cut 100's of plants down, took cash and assets. As usual the Feds handed him a receipt for the cash showing about 75% less cash than they actually confiscated. Everything else was financed so they didn't touch it. He was out the same day and his lawyer explained that once the retainer is distributed to the correct judges and prosecuters he'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. It's all about the Benjamins. Sad truth is that there are people that will get busted w/ 1/100 of what he had and they will serve time because they don't have the money to make things happen.

This entire drug war is a waste. even the people enforcing it don't stand behind these laws anymore.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
I've never heard this admin mention being Medical friendly. Maybe I missed it but generally it's political suicide to do so.

Anyways, a childhood friend of mine was raided this year by the Feds so they are certainly still active. They cut 100's of plants down, took cash and assets. As usual the Feds handed him a receipt for the cash showing about 75% less cash than they actually confiscated. Everything else was financed so they didn't touch it. He was out the same day and his lawyer explained that once the retainer is distributed to the correct judges and prosecuters he'll get a slap on the wrist and nothing more. It's all about the Benjamins. Sad truth is that there are people that will get busted w/ 1/100 of what he had and they will serve time because they don't have the money to make things happen.

This entire drug war is a waste. even the people enforcing it don't stand behind these laws anymore.
Obama campaigned to the tune of there was a place for medical marijuana, the link above your posts mentions it.

We need to completely do away with the WOD. It hasn't worked, it isn't going to work.

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
We need to completely do away with the WOD.
We can't do that.

That's un-American.

The more wars the merrier.......... it seems.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Know nothin' PSD driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

AMEN

[SIGPIC] 2001 F-350 CC SRW 4X4 Lariat;
PMR's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

You have to understand, the government does NOT want to win the war on drugs. It's one of the ways they justify wasting billions of our dollars and how the dirty, corrupt government officials make their "side" money.

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 01:32 PM
blame the dog..

they've recently began hassling dispensaries around here, too.

Selling to people w/o prescriptions or cards, hosting "evaluation" events, you name it.

Which brings me back to my original stance on the issue..
Medical marijuana is a JOKE. I don't care if it works or not, that's not the issue.

What is at issue is whether or not the "dispensers" will play by the same rules as liquor stores & tobacco retailers, or pharmacies.

So far, they have not.

So, to restate my original observation on the issue, to wit: "It's not worth the paperwork, because the people outside the law NOW, will ignore the law THEN. Marijuana should not be legalized for any purpose; medical use, recreational use, for collection of taxes by the state, or any other decriminalized function. Marijuana should not be legalized, PERIOD."

Quote:
This site needs new newbs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode