Boone Co. has been dry for 65 years- wet now. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Boone Co. has been dry for 65 years- wet now.

After being a dry county for 65 years, Boone co. is now a wet
county. I know this isnt going to be a popular thread and many will
disagree with me and thats okay. I just hope those who voted
wet are ready to pay the consequences for thier actions.

Boone County AR will become a 'wet' county after election on Tuesday - KY3

The big debate for the wet side was to bring more tourist
here, creating more jobs, etc. etc. etc.

This has really bothered me all week and I just thought I
would see what others think.

97 250 EC 4x4
5 speed
6637 Napa Filter
ccv mod
3" diamond eye dp
175cc 80% over Rosewood inj.
Custom tuning by Cale Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4" Rough Country Lift
315-70-17 BFG AT Tires
Rebuilt zf5 at 250000
my new favorite gun:
LAR grizzly 50 BMG big boar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Re: Boone Co. has been dry for 65 years- wet now.

It would bother me that it was ok to you and the people of Boone Co. to think it was ok to have a law that prohibited alcohol sales for 65 yrs in the first place. Seems like a retarded law in the first place since you could have it but you had to cross into another county to buy it in the first place. How much wasted fuel did people burn to go to the next county over to buy beer anyway?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
All done now

Wet/dry lines are disappearing all over. 20 years ago building a big liquor store on a wet/dry line was a way to get really rich. Do it today and you better be ready to declare bankruptcy when the line disappears.

The company I work for owned ten stores just outside of Lubbock TX. When Lubbock went wet, they are all now empty buildings. We have built two stores in Lubbock proper. The distributors also feel the pinch. Instead of delivering to Ten stores in a 1 mile radius, they have to now deliver to over 50 stores in a 20 mile radius. They are selling basically the same amount of liquor as before, but it takes more people, more trucks and more time. None of these little stores have the sales to buy the big quantity buys, so it costs more. We are hearing the people complain that prices are higher now that Lubbock is wet.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
blame the dog..

Quote:
Originally Posted by salprofish View Post

just because the country voted 'wet' doesn't mean you have to take up the bottle
I think I know why this bothers you so much, and let me reassure you with this; no one is going to hold a gun to anyone else's head and make them consume alcohol. You are about to learn how well your friends were raised by their Momma's. Have faith in them.

Quote:
This site needs new newbs.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
It would bother me that it was ok to you and the people of Boone Co. to think it was ok to have a law that prohibited alcohol sales for 65 yrs in the first place. Seems like a retarded law in the first place since you could have it but you had to cross into another county to buy it in the first place. How much wasted fuel did people burn to go to the next county over to buy beer anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Wet/dry lines are disappearing all over. 20 years ago building a big liquor store on a wet/dry line was a way to get really rich. Do it today and you better be ready to declare bankruptcy when the line disappears.

The company I work for owned ten stores just outside of Lubbock TX. When Lubbock went wet, they are all now empty buildings. We have built two stores in Lubbock proper. The distributors also feel the pinch. Instead of delivering to Ten stores in a 1 mile radius, they have to now deliver to over 50 stores in a 20 mile radius. They are selling basically the same amount of liquor as before, but it takes more people, more trucks and more time. None of these little stores have the sales to buy the big quantity buys, so it costs more. We are hearing the people complain that prices are higher now that Lubbock is wet.
interesting perspective, but that sounds to me like free market place taking over- and the previous set up was due to the fact that it wasn't a free market place before. Please keep in mind I don't drink much at all, maybe a few beers a month, maybe. but I don't think restricting it is the governments job.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salprofish View Post
After being a dry county for 65 years, Boone co. is now a wet
county. I know this isnt going to be a popular thread and many will
disagree with me and thats okay. I just hope those who voted
wet are ready to pay the consequences for thier actions.

Who knows how the repeal will change things around there. Unless there is someone actually taking results before and after, then we will never know if the decision has had a negative impact.

01 f250 scsb Work Truck
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 PM
PSN Veteran

The terms "dry" and "wet" to describe alcohol sales is pretty indicative of the depth of thought given toward prohibiting the sale of alcohol in the first place.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
The terms "dry" and "wet" to describe alcohol sales is pretty indicative of the depth of thought given toward prohibiting the sale of alcohol in the first place.
Here in Texas, you also have "Damp", beer and wine sales only. Oh yeah, you can also vote a place wet for "on premise consumption", (bars and restaurants).

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Junior Mint

They tried Prohibition once.

Didn't work.

Drunk driving deaths and accidents will increase. Freedom has a price.

When I worked at an ER years ago it was a joke cause once the bars closed they began to roll in llike clockwork that's for sure.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 02:43 AM
HD550FORD

i just noticed this my self,weve been working down on state line, in omaha,ark. seems like someone said they have a another vote or something, before making it for sure? i dont know, but i do agree with above there is three stores right there on state line that have made a fortune from liqure sales from arkansas, this will surely hurt there business, but i quess i also agree with others that making a county "dry" is nothing more than probition all over. think of all the revenue that will be generated from the taxes,though. now if they actually use the taxes for what theyre inteeded for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode