72% unwed mothers rate? Really? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

72% unwed mothers rate? Really?

I am shocked at the numbers

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate | ajc.com

Quote:
The black community's 72 percent rate eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 09:32 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Re: 72% unwed mothers rate? Really?

At the risk of being labeled a Racist...

Nope.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
One of a kind

Maybe its because daddy wanted to be a raper and is now in the pen being a b!tch.lol And with the asians well they have some messed up rules about that kinda stuff. And with the white girls it seams that every race loves white pu$$y. And with the hispanics i grew up in south texas and those girls are like rabbits.lol I said something about every race so don't anyone dare call me a racist.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Don't judge me...

that whole study is racist. i guess i'm racists for believing it
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:21 PM
PSN Veteran

If you were from around here and was in my business you wouldn't be shocked.....

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

A little math and the rough numbers are

56m whites
24m blacks
18m hispanics
1.7m asians
1.3m native americans

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Dairy Mechanic

Today's society is all about sex. Raising kids isn't. IMO a marriage is the best foundation for raising children and I have only "been" with my wife. Not a causal sex addict like in today's world.

96 Ford F-350 200 cc's, Electric fuel system, TS chip, 17 oil pump, Banks intercooler, 3" intake manifolds, SNOW Water-Meth system, South Bend DxD 3600, Banks brake, 4" stacks. Tuff country ladder bars.

IH RULES Not a 6.0 fan, engine out right now.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Quote:
There are simple arguments for why so many black women have children without marriage.

The legacy of segregation, the logic goes, means blacks are more likely to attend inferior schools. This creates a high proportion of blacks unprepared to compete for jobs in today's economy, where middle-class industrial work for unskilled laborers has largely disappeared.

The drug epidemic sent disproportionate numbers of black men to prison, and crushed the job opportunities for those who served their time. Women don't want to marry men who can't provide for their families, and welfare laws created a financial incentive for poor mothers to stay single.

If you remove these inequalities, some say, the 72 percent will decrease.

"It's all connected. The question should be, how has the black family survived at all?" says Maria Kefalas, co-author of "Promises I Can Keep: Why Poor Women Put Motherhood Before Marriage."

The book is based on interviews with 162 low-income single mothers. One of its conclusions is that these women see motherhood as one of life's most fulfilling roles — a rare opportunity for love and joy, husband or no husband.
I would tend to agree with these conclusions.

Being poor is the root of most of the problem IMHO.

I'm sure others won't agree........... and will just say it is the way "they" are.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
Maybe its because daddy wanted to be a RAPER and is now in the pen being a b!tch.lol And with the asians well they have some messed up rules about that kinda stuff. And with the white girls it seams that every race loves white pu$. And with the hispanics i grew up in south texas and those girls are like rabbits.lol I said something about every race so don't anyone dare call me a racist.
FIXED IT......im sure you meant rapper but...................

01 c/c sb 8 inch lift 39.5 swampers (ON THE ROAD AGAIN)
00 F450 (SOLD)
newest addition 06 F150 (STOCK)SSHHHHHH don't tell her its a work truck!

hold my beer & watch this sh1t!!
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I would tend to agree with these conclusions.

Being poor is the root of most of the problem IMHO.

I'm sure others won't agree........... and will just say it is the way "they" are.

I'd have to disagree and say sex.....is the root of the problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode