Awaiting the News Conference - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Awaiting the News Conference

My guess is that President Obama is going to continue to preach about bipartisanship now that the Republican's have gained control of the House. What do you guys think? Is bipartisanship even attainable in this country? Is it attainable when we have a liberal President like we do, and a predominantly conservative House like we now have?

Discuss....

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Awaiting the News Conference

I predict business as usual.

The House will come out like gangbusters with new bills.......the Senate will stall them.......and the only way to get anything done, will be to buy the votes with pork for the folks back home.

As much talk as their is about cutting riders/pork, neither side can go back to their constituents and say that they refused to help their state........ because they voted their ethics.

And the pendulum swings again.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 AM
This We'll Defend

Send a message via Yahoo to texasmedic01

Well Rick you and I agree, but we can be assured that those in office who were not up for reelection took note, and maybe.... Just maybe they will act right and get us back to where we need to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 RACE FOR THE WARRIORS co-founder

Thanks everyone for the support!

post #4 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 AM
PSN Veteran

I doubt it! The house is going to what they van and these last few months to get the ball rolling! Then it will be a political stale mate till the next election. It is alway nice to see balance! Republican pres Dem house, then. Dem pres, Rep house now! Like Gandy said and the pendulum swings! I bet their will be tones of blowback from this and during! Obama will have war with words, if he does not get is way!

I made a very good point! So the rest could could sleep at night!
SEMPER FIDELIS!
post #5 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Gandy Dancer

This also may be a tactical error on the Repub's part, for the next Presidential election.

Let's say that things don't get all that much better and the Repub's are blamed for it.......... after promising so much (sound familiar? ).

Not that the public has a short memory, is impatient, fickle or short tempered mind you.

It could very well work out where the two parties trade positions, the Dem's become the obstructionist party, make the Repub's look ineffective.......... and are the ones playing the "spoiler" the next time around.

And the pendulum continues to swing.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #6 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
This also may be a tactical error on the Repub's part, for the next Presidential election.

Let's say that things don't get all that much better and the Repub's are blamed for it.......... after promising so much (sound familiar? ).

Not that the public has a short memory, is impatient, fickle or short tempered mind you.

It could very well work out where the two parties trade positions, the Dem's become the obstructionist party, make the Repub's look ineffective.......... and are the ones playing the "spoiler" the next time around.

And the pendulum continues to swing.

Basically what it shows me is that America is disgusted with Obama and the "American Care" as you call it. The possible tactical era you speak of can't begin until January....America put these men and women in to office tonight because THEY wanted them in office. You speak as if the republicans put themselves in to office.....not the case in this Democracy

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #7 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Basically what it shows me is that America is disgusted with Obama and the "American Care" as you call it. The possible tactical era you speak of can't begin until January....America put these men and women in to office tonight because THEY wanted them in office. You speak as if the republicans put themselves in to office.....not the case in this Democracy
So what was America disgusted with, that gave the Dem's such large gains in 2006, BOTH houses of Congress AND the White House.........in 2008?

And why would you think it can't/won't happen again?

A lot of people will take this as a referendum on repudiating Obama's policies.

Just like a lot of people used the previous elections, as a mandate for repudiating Bush.

However..........the pendulum keeps swinging.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #8 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Rick,

You and I both know that there were a LOT of random factors in the 2008 election that hadn't been seen in previous elections. Also, in the 2006 and 2008 elections there were a huge number of independent college age American's that voted Democrat due to the issues following Bush and this new idea from a new guy on the street called "change." I was in college in 2008, I saw what was going happening on campus. I am still in college....and I see what is going on....and what has changed since 2008.

I see things beginning to change for the better in the next two years. I see Obama losing to a Republican in 2012. I see the health care bill being dismantled. America as whole wants our country to stay a Democracy, and I believe that tonight proved this. I could see that being an opinion statement if the Republicans gained 30 or so seats, but the fact that the Republicans are predicted to take 60+ seats says a lot about what the American people want. You can't deny that.....at least I hope you don't. Lol

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #9 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 AM
PSN Local

^^^ jumping on the bandwagon now are we?
post #10 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 AM
Great White!

Send a message via AIM to HighOn20s Send a message via Yahoo to HighOn20s

I hope the GOP tells both Pelosi and Obama to STFU!

USMC 96-00/0311

2008 F250 Supercrew, 12'' 4-link lift, FOA 2.5 Coilovers, 40/15.5R22 Toyo MTs on Hostile 22x14s Wheels,
PSC Hydro kit, KEM 345 Tune, T-Rex grill,
MBRP 5' exhaust, EGR Delete, Cold side pipe, No Limit Fab HE, AirDog II, TransferFlow Tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode