Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
PsRumors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cartersville, GA
Posts: 4,042
Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Could overhaul undermine employer health coverage? - Health - Health care - msnbc.com

Quote:
But last week a leading manufacturer told workers their costs will jump partly because of the law. Also, a Democratic governor laid out a scheme for employers to get out of health care by shifting workers into taxpayer-subsidized insurance markets that open in 2014.
Who DIDN'T see this type of thing happening?

We got a very modest raise in August (after taking a 25% cut between '08 & '09), every last bit of it eaten up by an increase in health care cost starting in January.

The company along with Blue Cross Blue Shield layed the blame at the feet of new health care regulations.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
PsRumors is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:50 PM
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Tell us something we didnt know

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
post #3 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
PSN Veteran
 
Firehunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southeast OR
Posts: 1,007
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Sometimes, "I told you so" just isn't enough...

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Firehunter is offline  
 
post #4 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's like that
 
ducatirider944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Right Wing, Midwest
Posts: 2,419
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Tell us something we didnt know


Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehunter View Post
Sometimes, "I told you so" just isn't enough...


Anyone want to go digging through the archives on here? I know that I said this was exactly what would happen, and I'm not the only member that was saying the same thing. If memory serves me right, the majority were expecting it to play out just this way.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
ducatirider944 is offline  
post #5 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:18 PM
PSN Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Juliette, Ga
Posts: 588
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

The company I work for has payed 100% of employee health insurance for almost 20 years. Last week upper management capped it. We (employees) will be responsible for any rate increases from now on.

Health Care reform my azz.

2005 F-350 XL CC LB 4x4
Auto, SCT, Tunes from Eric, 03 Turbo, Exhaust, Coolant filter

2008 F-250 XLT CC SB 4x4
6.4 Auto, 6in Procomp lift, 37x12.50r20


Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi7615 View Post
Unfortunately, there are too many animals wanting handouts and too many bleeders willing to give away other peoples money that it won't be easy to remove the stupid one.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
willholl79 is offline  
post #6 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Gandy Dancer
 
AK Gandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In The Villages
Posts: 5,972
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Unless someone has not been paying attention, they would know that health care costs have been skyrocketing for years.

How do you think HPO's, PPO's came into existence in the first place?

A lot of businesses have been capping their portion and making employees pay more........... for quite a while.

Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to cut their costs, make employees pay more............while being able to blame it on the new health care bill?

Gets them off the hook for being the bad guy.

Besides, it never said 'how much' of the increase they're saying the new bill is responsible.

Quote:
But last week a leading manufacturer told workers their costs will jump partly because of the law.
.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
AK Gandy is offline  
post #7 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Unless someone has not been paying attention, they would know that health care costs have been skyrocketing for years.

How do you think HPO's, PPO's came into existence in the first place?

A lot of businesses have been capping their portion and making employees pay more........... for quite a while.

Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to cut their costs, make employees pay more............while being able to blame it on the new health care bill?

Gets them off the hook for being the bad guy.

Besides, it never said 'how much' of the increase they're saying the new bill is responsible.


.
as usual

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
post #8 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's like that
 
ducatirider944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Right Wing, Midwest
Posts: 2,419
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Maybe someone (rick) can explain this for me. I have been self employed for 16 yrs and had to pay my own healthcare. My premium has gone from $87 per month to $123 per month over that 16 yrs so about 42% over 16 yrs or 2.6% per yr about the norm for inflation. My new premium was going to be $169 per month or an increase of 37% in one year. That is almost the same as the increase I have had in 16 yrs. Lucky for me the wife and I just had a kid and she added both the kid and myself to her insurance because the family plan at her work was only about $20 more than what my new premium was going to be. It didn't make sense for me to go on to her plan when we got married because at the time my insurance was almost $70 more than what I was paying plus I get to write off my healthcare so I saved another $50 per month in taxes. It just didn't make sense until now, her plan through work is the same for adding 1 as adding 10.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
ducatirider944 is offline  
post #9 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
PSN Veteran
 
scott2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,269
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

i knew that crap insurance companys was going to come back and bite a big azz hole in the working man wallet. You know it not a right to own a car have a house, or have health insurance. its a privleage to have because you have to pay for it.

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
scott2001 is offline  
post #10 of 173 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
FNG
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trempealeau WI
Posts: 6,018
Re: Overhaul to undermine employer health coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Maybe someone (rick) can explain this for me. I have been self employed for 16 yrs and had to pay my own healthcare. My premium has gone from $87 per month to $123 per month over that 16 yrs so about 42% over 16 yrs or 2.6% per yr about the norm for inflation. My new premium was going to be $169 per month or an increase of 37% in one year. That is almost the same as the increase I have had in 16 yrs. Lucky for me the wife and I just had a kid and she added both the kid and myself to her insurance because the family plan at her work was only about $20 more than what my new premium was going to be. It didn't make sense for me to go on to her plan when we got married because at the time my insurance was almost $70 more than what I was paying plus I get to write off my healthcare so I saved another $50 per month in taxes. It just didn't make sense until now, her plan through work is the same for adding 1 as adding 10.
I already know Ricks answer.

But But But they are doing it on their own. Just blaming Obamacare for it


Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Dave is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome