48 of 50 states lost jobs since stimulus - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

48 of 50 states lost jobs since stimulus

Stimulus Failure: 48 Out of 50 States Lost Jobs Since Democrats Trillion Dollar Stimulus Plan - Big Government

Quote:
The Department of Labor today released its latest state-by-state job report, showing state jobs and unemployment data for September 2010. This latest data, when compared with the level of jobs in February 2009, when President Obama signed Democrats’ trillion-dollar stimulus plan into law, reveals that 48 out of 50 States have lost jobs since then

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
PSN Local

Re: 48 of 50 states lost jobs since stimulus

gee what do ya know, thats what most of us have been saying

2000 7.3 f-250 4X4 CCSB
Mickey Thompson rims
Cooper Discoverer S/T tires
f350 front springs, add leaf and added overload in rear
Warn manual front hubs
Straight piped
AFE stage 1 kit
more power mods starting as $$ allows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 03:09 PM
R.I.P. DAD

We need a ho- hum not surprised emocon, and a I told ya so emocon.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
<-Friends bike

I have always thought (and still do) that , the money should have gone to home owners at risk. FM & FM would not have failed if the loans they had out were paid by holders .

The brokerage firms that caused the problem in the first place , should have been left to fail ...

I have been in business for 31 years , my credit score is 844. If I had to borrow money today , I most likely could not ..

Up until last year I had at my disposal, aprox $250.000.00 worth of unsecured credit . all gone now ..

Through no fault of my own ....the accounts were simply closed . Add that to the poor business climate in Michigan,& business at my shop down 30% each of the last 2 years.....

Makes me want to retire ....

Rick....

Supporter/End user of ShiftSolutions THE CURE E4/4R Trans Control. Helping Cancer patients and families

Special thanks to RacerX USA
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionRick View Post
Add that to the poor business climate in Michigan,& business at my shop down 30% each of the last 2 years....(
Welcome to the new Third World Country, Michigan.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:31 PM
PSN Local

Indiana is a close second.

03 F-250 all black CCSB 4x4 7.3, 4" straight pipe, DIY Intake, Boost, Pyro, and Trans. gauges, 07 harley headlights. 4" lift, 35" bfg's

79 F-150 351M, 4x4 headers and some other goodies, The camo truck
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Well it is true that we have lost 2 million jobs since the passing of the stimulus, just think of how many we saved and created if it wasn't for the stimulus.

I just thought I would beat someone to the punch, maybe I should say kool-aid?

I may be really bad at math, but I just can't see how you created any job when we still had a net loss?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Lovin Life...

Hey, without it, the other 2 states would be in BIG trouble.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:57 PM
id: 5520

And the two that gained jobs, New Hampshire and North Dakota gained damn few.. With those numbers they may as well include them with the other 48..
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Well it is true that we have lost 2 million jobs since the passing of the stimulus, just think of how many we saved and created if it wasn't for the stimulus.
I agree.

We don't have any idea how much worse it could have been.

Go back to this thread.

Stimulus Worked (click here)

Quote:
I may be really bad at math, but I just can't see how you created any job when we still had a net loss?
You're getting hung up on semantics.

"Created or saved" is the key phrase.

Wouldn't you agree that if a job was planned on being lost, but wasn't because of stimulus funds...........that it counts as a success?

Recognizing that the estimates of the unemployment rate were too optimistic and that we're still in deep doo-doo, anyone who says that putting that much money into the system didn't help.............is either intentionally being naive or is just pretty blind.

Saying that the stimulus has "failed," based solely on the unemployment rate, is like saying rebuilding your engine "failed"......... because the transmission went out.

Sure, you don't have the use of your truck and things suck, but it doesn't mean rebuilding the engine wasn't beneficial.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode