they blow up a building then get pissed when you express your veiw on them?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
One of a kind

they blow up a building then get pissed when you express your veiw on them??

NPR terminated the contract of Juan Williams on Wednesday after comments the veteran journalist and news analyst made about Muslims on Fox's "The O'Reilly Factor."

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly stirred up controversy last week on "The View" after making the blanket statement that "Muslims killed us on 9/11," a comment that led to co-hosts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walking off the set.

On Monday, O'Reilly asked Williams if there is a "Muslim dilemma" in the United States. The NPR analyst and longtime Fox News contributor agreed with O'Reilly that such a thing exists, and added that "political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don't address reality."

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot," Williams continued. "You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

[Photos: See more of ousted commentator Juan Williams]

Some commentators and a leading Muslim civil rights organization took issue with Williams' comments.

The Atlantic's Andrew Sullivan wrote Wednesday morning that Williams' statement about fearing Muslims on planes is an example of bigotry. "What if someone said that they saw a black man walking down the street in classic thug get-up," Sullivan wrote. "Would a white person be a bigot [if] he assumed he was going to mug him?'

The Council for American-Islamic Relations sent out a press release Wednesday afternoon calling on NPR to address the matter. Nihad Awad, the organization's national executive director, called the comments "irresponsible and inflammatory" and said they "should not pass without action by NPR."

They certainly didn't. NPR took action Wednesday night and put out a statement regarding the severing of Williams' contract: "His remarks on 'The O'Reilly Factor' this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR."

You can watch Williams' comments below:

Williams often appears on Fox as the liberal counterpart to one of the network's conservative hosts or guests. But some NPR listeners -- an audience certainly more left-leaning than Fox's conservative one -- don't see Williams as an advocate for progressive politics when he appears on the cable news network.

Last year, NPR ombudsman Alicia Shepard wrote that Williams had become a "lightning rod" among NPR's staff and noted many complaints from listeners after an appearance on O'Reilly's show.

Williams had described First Lady Michelle Obama as having a "Stokely Carmichael in a designer dress thing going," a reference to the militant African-American activist. After those comments, NPR executives asked that NPR's logo be removed when he appears on Fox News.

It can be expected that Fox hosts, especially O'Reilly, will have something to say about NPR's decision.

[Rewind: CNN host Rick Sanchez fired over on-air remarks]

Bernie Goldberg, a Fox News contributor and author of several books on what he describes as liberal media bias, offered his take Thursday morning in an email to The Upshot.

"So Juan Williams is fired for saying something the liberals at NPR find controversial?" Goldberg said. "One more piece of evidence that liberals have forgotten how to be liberal."

Goldberg continued: "These are the kind of people who brag about how open-minded they are -- as long as you agree with them. And here's the dirty little secret: lots and lots of liberals feel the same way Juan does when they get on an airplane. And a lot of those liberals work at NPR. Juan's 'crime' was saying it out loud."

Weekly Standard Editor and Fox contributor Bill Kristol also had some choice words for NPR, which he dubbed "National Politically-correct Radio." Kristol concluded a post about the firing by saying: "NPR -- unfair, unbalanced ... and afraid."

UPDATE: Williams went on Fox and addressed the controversy Thursday.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I helped make ur rimz....

Re: they blow up a building then get pissed when you express your veiw on them??

who cares what the american islamic council thinks, they need to grow a thicker skin. As for NPR, their stance on the firing of juan williams is wrong, it seems they conviently forget the first amendment.

'95 F-350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L. 187k miles - 6637, bitchin aftermarket headlights
'97 F-250 extended cab 7.3L 216k miles-6637, 4in straightpipe
'99 Dodge 2500 Laramie SLT 5.9L 222k miles- flex pipe exhaust, fatal 53 block- fml.
'92 F-350 CCLB 4x4 7.3IDI
Diesel- Fuel 4 Life
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:51 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

Re: they blow up a building then get pissed when you express your veiw on them??

There's some more of the "tolerance" Bullsh!t.....we're supposed to tolerate all the sh!t being shoved down our throat...yet none exists with others...screw that!....It's time to take America back...not backward!
VOTE on Nov 2......

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 06:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
There's some more of the "tolerance" Bullsh!t.....we're supposed to tolerate all the sh!t being shoved down our throat...yet none exists with others...screw that!....It's time to take America back...not backward!
VOTE on Nov 2......
Exactly!

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw 4X4

SCT X3 Tuned By Innovative Diesel
Straight Piped
Edge Insight
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
PSN Veteran

This will probably get moved....

Jeff Dodd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Ford F-250 CC/SB
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
One of a kind

most of the people i know are tired of this kind of crap. and none of the dumb asses in washington care yet they still keep getting elected. because they are politically corect.

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD-BLACK-CLOUD View Post
most of the people i know are tired of this kind of crap. and none of the dumb asses in washington care yet they still keep getting elected. because they are politically corect.
You're forgetting that it's also because they have a basic education, that allows them to punctuate and spell reasonably well.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
One of a kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
You're forgetting that it's also because they have a basic education, that allows them to punctuate and spell reasonably well.

I have never been able to spell. And i droped out of college with a 3.0 gpa and went to work. I have a good job i live in a nice apartment and i drive a nice truck paid for by me. I am 20 years old.

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 10:49 PM
PSN Local

Where I grew up the only thing we had that was PC were pork chops.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 11:31 PM
R.I.P. DAD

I think its funny how they (libs) have tolerance for some but not for others, always chasing that vote from some group (unions) or minority group (ethnics take your pick). Pandering to them to be the understanding one to their cause or troubles and the only ones to lead the way to the finish line for them if they just vote there direction. Not saying the other ones (rebubs) dont do the same to oil, corp or contractors but its lame politics all the same.

They guy didnt say anything out of line, they were just afraid to loose any more votes for there party.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode