How's this for illegal immigration policy? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Lovin Life...

How's this for illegal immigration policy?

FoxNews.com - Ex-US football player faces caning in Singapore

Quote:
The Southeast Asian country boasts one of the lowest violent crime rates and highest standards of living in the world, but human rights groups often criticize the government for severe punishments, such as a mandatory death penalty for drug traffickers. Singapore also reiterated a ban on the sale of chewing gum and announced a crackdown on littering this year.

Earlier this year, Oliver Fricker of Switzerland was sentenced to five months in jail and three cane strokes for breaking into a train depot with an accomplice and spray painting subway cars. Fricker later appealed his sentence and a judge added two months to his jail term.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Re: How's this for illegal immigration policy?

Who doesn't remember Michael Fay?

Swift, harsh punishment.....Seems to work doesn't it?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 02:55 PM
FNG

I would love to see similar policies enacted here. Particularly their policy regarding drug trafficing

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Gandy Dancer

Be careful of what you wish for.

Singapore Laws (click here)

Quote:
Driving while drunk could get you 10 years in prison! Don't drink and drive, it really is a serious offence here.

Homosexual acts may lead to imprisonment. Kissing between men, for example, is illegal.

There are very strict laws in place that keep Singapore the squeaky clean place it is. The following are prohibited... Smoking in public, chewing gum, spitting in public, littering, jaywalking. Failure to observe these laws will result in stiff fines.

The fine for forgetting to flush the toilet in a public convenience is S$500.

Racial harmony is carefully promoted. Racial slurs, such as those you might hear in football chants could actually wind you up in jail, or getting caned.

If you have a balcony or garden, be aware that if you have flower pots, or anywhere that collects water and mosquito larvae subsequently breed, you risk being fined as a result.
So we have those that think America has too much Big Government and regulations............but admire Singapore?

That's just silly.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Lovin Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Be careful of what you wish for.

Singapore Laws (click here)

So we have those that think America has too much Big Government and regulations............but admire Singapore?

That's just silly.

There you go, taking out an airless and spraying the whole wall with their laws.

Of course not all of that stuff should be brought here Rick, we have better freedoms here.

That doesn't however change the point of correlation to their penalty structure for crimes, vs their crime rate.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 PM
FNG

There are certain instances where I would agree with their public toilet law

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
diesel and nothing else

Send a message via Yahoo to amarillo250

I remember when the east and west of germany where divided by a fence and wall they hat some sort of mines and guns installed at the fence to keep people in the east part. Just an idea, it worked for them

06 F250 CCSB, still working on it

Thanks to FCDP and all the guys on here for their help.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:17 PM
PSN Veteran

i think we should look at some of Southeast Asian ideas and use them here. I like it, it woul cut down on some of our problems here

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
FNG

I could go with most of these

http://www.worldroom.com/pages/wrnsg.../sg_laws.phtml

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
R.I.P. DAD

I guess I fail to see how having strict and enforced punishment for convicted crimes is the same as having more government running amuck with our tax dollars. I mean look at crime here vs some where like there. I bet their jails/prisons don't have cable tv and phones in the cells. Hell they probably don't even have hvac.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode