Cash for Clunkers - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Cash for Clunkers

who here thinks that our president Obama is a Dumb @$$ for supporting the Cash for clunkers. We are in the auto industry and Michigan Economy sucks right now and I know a bunch of us garages are feeling the hit right now do to the cash for clunkers, I do think obama needed to get hit with a flippin stick when he came up with this so called plan to turn things around, all he did was make them worse, but all you keeps doing and saying is i reasure you things are better. Not sure about you guys but here in Michigan things have gone down hill further with him in office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Cash for Clunkers

yes i hate the cash for clunkers also my family has been in the auto industry for 40 years and these past few have been the worst ever. my uncle sells cars and says that he almost had to close up shop multiple times becuase the government wasn't holding up there end of the bargin.

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
stock trans until it explodes
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

exactly we have a garage and we rebuild starters and alternators and have a full line of batteries, and it is dog eat dog out there right now. I mean he took cars off the streets that made these garages boom and now the people who took advantage of getting the new cars every day they are showing up to the dealerships the new ones because now everyone had to take on a payment and actually run around with insurance on these cars

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

we all knew what was going to happen
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Super Sparky

Gandy chimes in 3, 2, 1...............

2009 F350 4x4 CCLB Job 2
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:22 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Gandy chimes in 3, 2, 1...............

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
stock trans until it explodes
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rake18 View Post
we all knew what was going to happen
I hear ya there, now it's time to get into the repo business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:19 PM

As much as I am against this type of guberment intervention it could have been worked a whole hell of a lot better.

My newly installed D60 came out of a '97 powerstroke w/ 130k miles. It was a regular cab with a nice flat bed. Due to the rules the motor was made useless.

Instead of destroying such a good vehicle it should have been traded off to someone with an older piece of junk truck that was poluting the enviroment.

The old truck could have then been given to a school for their auto mechanics class.

Things could have been done so much better but our guberment, in their ultimate wisdom, had to get involved and make things even worse.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
As much as I am against this type of guberment intervention it could have been worked a whole hell of a lot better.

My newly installed D60 came out of a '97 powerstroke w/ 130k miles. It was a regular cab with a nice flat bed. Due to the rules the motor was made useless.

Instead of destroying such a good vehicle it should have been traded off to someone with an older piece of junk truck that was poluting the enviroment.

The old truck could have then been given to a school for their auto mechanics class.

Things could have been done so much better but our guberment, in their ultimate wisdom, had to get involved and make things even worse.
I like your way of thinking, there were some real junk cars/trucks that went into that program. But i did see alot of nice ones that were destroyed for no good reason.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, it's like that

I have to agree, the cars they got off the roads weren't the 1962 rust buckets that are running on 5 cylinders instead of 8 burning 1qt of oil for every 5 gal of gas. It was people with a few yr old vehicles that could afford new. Then they crushed those. They should have given those to the people with rust buckets and crushed the rust buckets. That would have made too much sense though. All we did was guarantee that those rust buckets will be on the road that much longer because they just crushed millions of the move up vehicles.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode