Chilean miners? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.
Chilean miners?

Just curious. I'm sitting here watching the Weather Channel. They're showing video of the rescued Chilean miners that we were all told had spent 10 weeks underground.
My curiosity was aroused when I saw their clean shaven faces, their clean clothes, clean hair, the somewhat suntanned skin, and the remarkable condition they are/were in. Strange how even their hardhats were so clean.
Not sure where any of that may go, but still, a bit out of place? Then again, maybe Chilean miners have a very high standard of personal grooming? Hell, they looked as good as the office twits that were welcoming them back to daylight.
Could be my paranoid outlook, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Why would anyone want to misrepresent something like this, as it appears someone did?

Yes, I do believe we really landed on the moon.

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Chilean miners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Just curious. I'm sitting here watching the Weather Channel. They're showing video of the rescued Chilean miners that we were all told had spent 10 weeks underground.
My curiosity was aroused when I saw their clean shaven faces, their clean clothes, clean hair, the somewhat suntanned skin, and the remarkable condition they are/were in. Strange how even their hardhats were so clean.
Not sure where any of that may go, but still, a bit out of place? Then again, maybe Chilean miners have a very high standard of personal grooming? Hell, they looked as good as the office twits that were welcoming them back to daylight.
Could be my paranoid outlook, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Why would anyone want to misrepresent something like this, as it appears someone did?

Yes, I do believe we really landed on the moon.
Keep in mind, that a small hole had been drilled after they had been trapped for 17 days.

So they have been getting supplies since then.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
blame the dog..

yeah, I'm sure they sent down waterless toiletries and stuff.. when the big borehole was completed a couple of days ago, you might as well have opened a market down there..

Quote:
This site needs new newbs.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Keep in mind, that a small hole had been drilled after they had been trapped for 17 days.

So they have been getting supplies since then.

Right....food, meds, vitamins etc...everything they needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
PSN Veteran

does anyone know how deep they were i have so many mining accident stories from my grandpa from the days of diamond crystal

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
stock trans until it explodes
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04smokeman View Post
does anyone know how deep they were i have so many mining accident stories from my grandpa from the days of diamond crystal
The escape hole is 2,041 feet deep.

It was drilled on a little bit of an angle, so they probably weren't actually that deep underground.

What makes this so significant, is that for the first 17 days no one knew if anyone was alive.

They have now survived longer than anyone in recorded history.

Miners (click here)

Quote:
No one in recorded history has survived as long trapped underground as the 33 men. For the first 17 days after 700,000 tons of rock collapsed around them Aug. 5, no one even knew whether they were alive. In the weeks that followed, the world was transfixed by their endurance and unity.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:06 PM
PSN Veteran

thats amazing it would be interesting to see what these men have to say about the situation what the experience was like

DC Smoke, sct, eric-innovative, Hallas Performance, FCDP, Bullseye performance, Warren Diesel, Air Dog

04 ccsb black
egt, boost, fuel, air
205-100%
batmowheel
airdog II
coolant filter
stock trans until it explodes
ARP
Black Onyx

“My liver is like a diesel, takes awhile to get warmed up but after that she will run all night.“
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:12 PM
PSN Veteran

As for the sun tan...........They are in Chile. They are born with a tan and they spent a pretty good amount of time in the dark prior to that experience.

Not being racist, just saying it comes natural.

01 f250 scsb Work Truck
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Olde gear jammer

Location: Barton City Mi, under a rock or a log, where the skies are sometimes cloudy all day.

Alright, looks like I was blowing a horn through my own ignorance.

Really though, I'm glad it turned out like it has, it must have scared the #### out of those guys. I'm on the claustrophobic side, stuff like that just makes my skin crawl.
I was marooned in an elevator once with another guy, nothing funny now, I think he was happier to get away from me, more than getting out!

Another nonaligned spokesperson.

Good stuff, trucks bring it!

I don't care if my thread goes off topic, it's all BS anyway!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Alright, looks like I was blowing a horn through my own ignorance.

Really though, I'm glad it turned out like it has, it must have scared the #### out of those guys. I'm on the claustrophobic side, stuff like that just makes my skin crawl.
I was marooned in an elevator once with another guy, nothing funny now, I think he was happier to get away from me, more than getting out!
Not sure I would have told THAT one.......!

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode