Congress & insider trading....where's the change - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Congress & insider trading....where's the change

H.R. 682 has not moved in a year.....where's the change? This is the type of change that was promised isn't it?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
FNG

Re: Congress & insider trading....where's the change

Thats not gonna go anywhere.

ALong those lines heres why

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...188603198.html

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:20 PM
R.I.P. DAD

HAHA, you expected a buch of crooks wouldnt still act like crooks? Rules and laws are meant for you and the rest of us, not them.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
H.R. 682 has not moved in a year.....where's the change? This is the type of change that was promised isn't it?
I think you (and some of the other commenter's) are cherry picking in your whining.

Number one, why is it just now being addressed. It's waaaay overdue.

Number two, the Dem's don't have a filibuster proof majority, and given that there wasn't a single Repub co-sponsor......what's the use?

HR 682 (click here)
Quote:
Sponsor

Representative

Brian Baird
D-WA

View Co-Sponsors (9)Hide Co-Sponsors
Rep. Brad Ellsworth [D, IN-8]
Rep. Raul Grijalva [D, AZ-7]
Rep. Paul Hodes [D, NH-2]
Rep. Dennis Kucinich [D, OH-10]
Rep. Louise Slaughter [D, NY-28]
Rep. Jackie Speier [D, CA-12]
Rep. Michael Thompson [D, CA-1]
Rep. Niki Tsongas [D, MA-5]
Rep. Timothy Walz [D, MN-1]
If the makeup of Congress changes significantly next year (as expected), it will be interesting to see if the same old suspects bring this up as an issue then.

Maybe they'll be less inclined to be the 'Party of No.'

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I think you (and some of the other commenter's) are cherry picking in your whining.

Number one, why is it just now being addressed. It's waaaay overdue.

Number two, the Dem's don't have a filibuster proof majority, and given that there wasn't a single Repub co-sponsor......what's the use?

HR 682 (click here)

If the makeup of Congress changes significantly next year (as expected), it will be interesting to see if the same old suspects bring this up as an issue then.

Maybe they'll be less inclined to be the 'Party of No.'

The repubes didn't campain on cleaning up guberment........

It didn't change 5 years ago it wont change next year........

Just pointing out what we have now is no more honest than what we had then....just slightly different

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
The repubes didn't campain on cleaning up guberment........
So they get a pass?

Quote:
It didn't change 5 years ago it wont change next year.

Just pointing out what we have now is no more honest than what we had then....just slightly different
So why didn't you emphasize that the Repub's are not on board with this legislation and the Dem's can't pass it without some help?

Instead, you imply (and a few are quick to jump on the bandwagon).......that it's all this Congress' fault.

I do agree, that it probably won't pass for a long time now..........if ever.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Com'on Rick, why do you always throw out "filibuster" like it means stop and can never contenue? You know as well as all the other members that it only means they can delay the vote to have it further discussed, not do away with it all together. Even with that delay if it was to even be thrown out there by the right, the left can still vote for what ever and get it passed with shear number of votes even with delays. The problem is the delay draws attention to the issue and gets it more air time and more time for public outrage/cheer. Now the other side of it is the dems are scared to put only there name on any bill because if it fails or has a negitive affect on the public it can only be 100% their parties fault. They refuse to do it and delay there own votes because there trying to get some rebublican support so they won't be soley to blame.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'

-Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee08FX4 View Post
Com'on Rick, why do you always throw out "filibuster" like it means stop and can never contenue? You know as well as all the other members that it only means they can delay the vote to have it further discussed, not do away with it all together. Even with that delay if it was to even be thrown out there by the right, the left can still vote for what ever and get it passed with shear number of votes even with delays. The problem is the delay draws attention to the issue and gets it more air time and more time for public outrage/cheer. Now the other side of it is the dems are scared to put only there name on any bill because if it fails or has a negitive affect on the public it can only be 100% their parties fault. They refuse to do it and delay there own votes because there trying to get some rebublican support so they won't be soley to blame.
As I said previously, please go look up what a filibuster actually is/does.

"Shining light" on an issue...............is not the impediment.

The effort to overcome, and the wasted resources it takes..........is the impediment.

Without the votes, it never comes to cloture.

And that goes for whichever party is doing/threatening the filibuster.

So tell us, do you have any idea how many times a filibuster has been used, or threatened................. in the last two years?

Do you know how that compares to previous years?

I'll give you a hint....it's unprecedented.

To be honest though, I understand why it's being done.

The Repub's figure the more they can block, the less gets done and the majority party can be publicly blamed.

It only works for those who don't understand how government really operates of course, but as we've seen.............there's plenty of that out there.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 AM
R.I.P. DAD

Rick they could hit cloture with out a problem, the problem is they don't want any bill with just there name on it. They don't want the backlash if it fails.

08 6.4 lots of stuff.

-Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee08FX4 View Post
Rick they could hit cloture with out a problem, the problem is they don't want any bill with just there name on it.
Please explain how.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode