California Air Resources Board made another Boo Boo - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
FNG

California Air Resources Board made another Boo Boo

California grossly miscalculated pollution levels in a scientific analysis used to toughen the state's clean-air standards,

Cant that state get anything right

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz11iqEfuN9

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Re: California Air Resources Board made another Boo Boo

I know its the opposite, but basically same idea as those scientist that deleted data that disproved global warming. I wouldnt be suprised if this wasnt a boo boo as much as a "lets just fudge this a little to get what we want..."

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Thats exactly what it was man a fudge

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Lovin the Tuna

lol. I just read the article (my first post was just off what you said). I like how in the article they even say politics have gotten to it, some of it has become about politics. Thats freakin retarded. Something that is supposed to be scientific, and factual, should be just that... FACT. Not swayed by the idea of somone's politics. So they upped one or two of the quanities in their calculation and BAM, now we have a larger amount of burned fuel that fits our agenda... I dont think overestimating by 340% and NOT catching it, was just a small mistake. IMO something was messed with on purpose.

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Kinda like their whole flub of a study done last year by a guy that didnt even have a degree

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Or like i said, those scientist that got caught in their emails to eachother saying they need to delete some of their data that disproved global warming lol

2001 F250
2000 F250
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
Or like i said, those scientist that got caught in their emails to eachother saying they need to delete some of their data that disproved global warming lol
Exactly like that

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
lol. I just read the article (my first post was just off what you said). I like how in the article they even say politics have gotten to it, some of it has become about politics. Thats freakin retarded. Something that is supposed to be scientific, and factual, should be just that... FACT. Not swayed by the idea of somone's politics. So they upped one or two of the quanities in their calculation and BAM, now we have a larger amount of burned fuel that fits our agenda... I dont think overestimating by 340% and NOT catching it, was just a small mistake. IMO something was messed with on purpose.
It's a serious problem. Science is supposed to be 100% fact based and not used to prove an agenda but only to provide facts that may, or may not prove anything.

As far as the Global Warming Conspiracy stuff. The e-mails that the scientists deleted were said to have deleted supposedly because they would have "provided unclear information that if poorly interpeted out of context might cast some doubt on the facts about global warming". Unfortunately news channels don't do the follow up stories because it's not sensational enough.

Poor Acorn was a victim of this as well. In the end they were found to have behaved completely ethically (the famous video tapes were so heavily edited as to be complete fabrications) yet they were tried in the court of public opinion and an important community outreach organization was destroyed because of this misinformation. Check another win for big business.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
FNG

Embellish much Suns Acorn behave ethically

Dave G

Bulletproof diesel FICM

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Junior Mint

You might want to do some research that stretches beyond watching Hannity Bro.

Those videos were so heavity edited that they were complete lies. That punk kid (you know the criminal) was not wearing pimp clothes in the office he was wearing dress clothes. Watch the video closely, you can see the corner of his dress shirt when he is in the office. He showed himself strutting in to Acorn in pimp clothes then switched to dress clothes before he went inside and filmed them.

All the info about transporting children for prostitution that he told one Acorn rep. That Acorn rep wrote everything down and reported it to his brother that is an FBI agent the moment they walked out the door. Faux news left that little detail out didn't they? They would rather you be stupid and ignorant.

Two different DA's went thru the video tapes to look at prosecuting Acorn and concluded that the video tapes were so heavily edited that they were complete fabrications. No crimes at all were committed.

None of this matters however as Dems and Reps pulled funding and this great community outreach organization was destroyed. All because of lies passed on by Faux News.

The fact is that rich and smart people are playing stupid hicks in this nation like a $2 fiddle so that they can become much richer. They have somehow convinced you that more pollution and laws that favor the uber rich corporation owners is good for you. That's the beauty of propoganda. And Faux News is their music hall. In 50 years this nation will be a shadow of it's self if the Republicans take back over. Our decline from being the beacon of hope on this planet will be assured. It's actually not a big deal. Every "most powerful nation" has a run and then it ends and someone else (i.e. India, China?) will step in and lead the planet for a while. Our run was just shorter than most.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode