Republicans blocked it? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
hvac man

Republicans blocked it?

According to yahoo the republicans blocked the don't ask don't tell legislation attached to the defense spending today.
I want to know if the republicans have the votes to block it all alone?
If the republicans don't have the votes is it really a republican block or is it bi-partisan as they needed help in this action?
If they had to have help in this action would you call this reporting slanted in calling it a republican block?

I think I would call this slanted reporting as they needed help in blocking it. Whats your .02?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 PM

Re: Republicans blocked it?

My thoughts? Typical....even when Dems don't vote with Dems the Repub are being partisan.

Until we start repealing laws and dismantling the feds partisan is the only way to go. The fewer things they get "acomplished" the better.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 AM
All done now

Personally, I have no issues with "Don't ask, don't tell" If you are gay in the military, keep it to yourself. I personally have no issues with gay people. However, a lot of people in the military do. If they remove "don't ask, don't tell", it will be a dischargable offense to be gay. With it in place, a person can be discreet and there will be no issues.

Kinda like an enlisted man having sex with a female officer. If the officer gets caught, she can actually be discharged.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Personally, I have no issues with "Don't ask, don't tell" If you are gay in the military, keep it to yourself. I personally have no issues with gay people. However, a lot of people in the military do. If they remove "don't ask, don't tell", it will be a dischargable offense to be gay. With it in place, a person can be discreet and there will be no issues.

Kinda like an enlisted man having sex with a female officer. If the officer gets caught, she can actually be discharged.
"Don't ask, Don't tell" should be a bill all on it's own, it shouldn't be tied to the defense budget. The defense budget should be just that, a budget. We need to start having bills that are just that, a single thing. You want a health care bill, make it just that, a health care bill, no need to go tying student loans and 1099's in it. Oh wait, you heed the money for those things included to keep the costs down. Let crap stand on it's own two feet, if it can't stand without other things included, "here is your sign" that it is a bad idea.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
"Don't ask, Don't tell" should be a bill all on it's own, it shouldn't be tied to the defense budget. The defense budget should be just that, a budget. We need to start having bills that are just that, a single thing. You want a health care bill, make it just that, a health care bill, no need to go tying student loans and 1099's in it. Oh wait, you heed the money for those things included to keep the costs down. Let crap stand on it's own two feet, if it can't stand without other things included, "here is your sign" that it is a bad idea.
You mean we are continueing as business as usual? What happen to the "change" we were going to see?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
blame the dog..

I would have blocked it, too.
It didn't have any business being in a budget bill.

Quote:
This site needs new newbs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post

Or give the President a line item veto.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
hvac man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post

I think if they remove it is then ok to be openly gay and be in the military. I think that could be a problem. When I was in we carried a shelter half in the field. You would take your half and team up with another who had his half and the 2 halves made 1 shelter ( pup tent ) to sleep in. I damn sure would not want to end up with the wrong soldier if you get my drift!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode