Evolution, the poll - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
View Poll Results: Evolution true or false?
The world is ~6000 years old man lived next to dinosaurs, the bible is proof 8 27.59%
God exists and made evolution as part the creation, but the world is still young, science is wrong 4 13.79%
Both the bible and science is correct to some extent, God exists but he's decided to be passive 4 13.79%
There might be something called a god in the universe but there might as well not be one 2 6.90%
There is no god but science is not the answer either (This is for Nihilists) 0 0%
There is no viable evidence of god so therefore there is no god 1 3.45%
I don't believe in the Christian God, but I do believe in some other deity(Allah, Odin, Shiva etc) 1 3.45%
Science is correct, and there is no god(s), nor an afterlife 4 13.79%
No one can know the definitive answer, but I believe: (Specify in post) 4 13.79%
None of the above. (Please specify) 2 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Science rulz
 
Coltaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aalesund Norway
Posts: 1,424
Send a message via AIM to Coltaine
Evolution, the poll

This is not meant to spark off a new debate topic, we already have one on the subject, it's strictly meant to map the beliefs of PSN, I humbly ask that you keep this topic free of long winded discussions.

One of them truckless bastards.
Coltaine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 09:10 AM
utah get me two
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: anahein ca
Posts: 1,935
Re: Evolution, the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
This is not meant to spark off a new debate topic, we already have one on the subject, it's strictly meant to map the beliefs of PSN, I humbly ask that you keep this topic free of long winded discussions.

you're kidding right ^^^^^^^^^^^
not gonna happen lool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
glamis_dave is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM
All done now
 
Arisley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 22,486
Re: Evolution, the poll

How about:

God exists, he created evolution.

How about this theory.

When God grew up, his parents gave him this universe to do with what he wished. We are just one little speck in our universe, which is a little speck in a universe of universes.




Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
Arisley is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Sponsor
 
jimdawg185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,309
Re: Evolution, the poll

Good idea! Not that this is the place for this stuff (but I love the subject), I am a student of the social sciences and do this stuff with studies all damn day long. If you want I can plot it out in SPSS and analyze the variance's and plot the t tables and such

Jesus was real, any who doubts read NT Wrights book on the resurrection. Even the best atheist scholars at Oxford have admitted that the proof is undeniable, that they choose to not believe. If you choose then you choose, that is your choice. But just like the first and second rules of thermodynamics nothing can be created from nothing and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So what you believe will effect your worldview and your worldview (not that it always transforms a persons worldview though) determines how you see everything in the world no matter how smart you think you are. And nothing is created without input, what you believe is culture sourced. Atheist, agnostic, deist, pantheist, panentheist ect. ect. You chose to assimilate (aware or not, through biological and neurological subversive or otherwise means) these constructs. They effect your every choice and thought. Escaping dogma without entering relativism should be the goal of any independent thinker. Logos, and elegant reasoning can be the cornerstone for this. But being arrogant enough to believe that any human could understand reality to the extent to build a solid theory on the origin of life is not just silly, but pejorative and myopic as well. A rabbi I once heard responded to an atheist and an evangelicals debate when the Atheist asked if they believed that snakes can talk (ei Genesis 3:15) by stating this, "it is not important IF there was a talking snake or not, what is important is what the snake SAID". There is a fine line between dogma and relativism, and both sides are stuck on both sides of that line. Believers, follow in Christ's footsteps, all of them. Preach the gospel at all times and sometimes use words. Atheists, Free yourself from dogma, human minds created what you believe, and they can and will be limited in all aspects of every science. Every one in between, stop riding the fence it is not good to be in the middle of anything.

2000 EX, fuel, air, and heat.
jimdawg185 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:03 PM
hvac man
 
bm1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington , Indiana
Posts: 498
Re: Evolution, the poll

In 6 days God created the heavens and the earth. I assume all the science stuff happened in those 6 days or sometime thereafter. Thats my take.

Speaking on laws of thermodynamics, energy can neither be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed. Think of how that apply's to us the moment we die. Doe's our energy then move on as we become fertilizer, or does it move on in a different way?
bm1962 is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Sponsor
 
jimdawg185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,309
Re: Evolution, the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm1962 View Post
In 6 days God created the heavens and the earth. I assume all the science stuff happened in those 6 days or sometime thereafter. Thats my take.

Speaking on laws of thermodynamics, energy can neither be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed. Think of how that apply's to us the moment we die. Doe's our energy then move on as we become fertilizer, or does it move on in a different way?


In reality there appears to be different types of energy. In the most simple terms there is the energy in your cells that make up your body, including the ones in your neural network that contribute to your conscious (and unconscious) thought constructs. Then there appears to be a separate plane that interacts within tat dimension and another ie spirit (in its many manifestations) Evil (which is undeniably active) ect ect. These interact corporately and individually with the manifestations of the energies that we encounter in science, ei electrons, protons their smaller brothers and cousins ( possibly all made of energy strings as stated by some proponents of string theory). At the chronological time of the end of a life there is a separation in the interaction of these dualistic systems. One is where we can see we obviously turn into worm food, the other is in a spiritual dimension of sorts that manifests in a separate dimension and interacts continually with the worm food dimension. Complex and highly misunderstood, but all within the realm of possibility.

2000 EX, fuel, air, and heat.
jimdawg185 is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:03 PM
hvac man
 
bm1962's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Huntington , Indiana
Posts: 498
Re: Evolution, the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdawg185 View Post
In reality there appears to be different types of energy. In the most simple terms there is the energy in your cells that make up your body, including the ones in your neural network that contribute to your conscious (and unconscious) thought constructs. Then there appears to be a separate plane that interacts within tat dimension and another ie spirit (in its many manifestations) Evil (which is undeniably active) ect ect. These interact corporately and individually with the manifestations of the energies that we encounter in science, ei electrons, protons their smaller brothers and cousins ( possibly all made of energy strings as stated by some proponents of string theory). At the chronological time of the end of a life there is a separation in the interaction of these dualistic systems. One is where we can see we obviously turn into worm food, the other is in a spiritual dimension of sorts that manifests in a separate dimension and interacts continually with the worm food dimension. Complex and highly misunderstood, but all within the realm of possibility.



You read my mind!

You are way more educated then I am thats for sure. Good thing faith even works for us dummies.
bm1962 is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Science rulz
 
Coltaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aalesund Norway
Posts: 1,424
Send a message via AIM to Coltaine
Re: Evolution, the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdawg185 View Post
Good idea! Not that this is the place for this stuff (but I love the subject), I am a student of the social sciences and do this stuff with studies all damn day long. If you want I can plot it out in SPSS and analyze the variance's and plot the t tables and such

Jesus was real, any who doubts read NT Wrights book on the resurrection. Even the best atheist scholars at Oxford have admitted that the proof is undeniable, that they choose to not believe. If you choose then you choose, that is your choice. But just like the first and second rules of thermodynamics nothing can be created from nothing and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So what you believe will effect your worldview and your worldview (not that it always transforms a persons worldview though) determines how you see everything in the world no matter how smart you think you are. And nothing is created without input, what you believe is culture sourced. Atheist, agnostic, deist, pantheist, panentheist ect. ect. You chose to assimilate (aware or not, through biological and neurological subversive or otherwise means) these constructs. They effect your every choice and thought. Escaping dogma without entering relativism should be the goal of any independent thinker. Logos, and elegant reasoning can be the cornerstone for this. But being arrogant enough to believe that any human could understand reality to the extent to build a solid theory on the origin of life is not just silly, but pejorative and myopic as well. A rabbi I once heard responded to an atheist and an evangelicals debate when the Atheist asked if they believed that snakes can talk (ei Genesis 3:15) by stating this, "it is not important IF there was a talking snake or not, what is important is what the snake SAID". There is a fine line between dogma and relativism, and both sides are stuck on both sides of that line. Believers, follow in Christ's footsteps, all of them. Preach the gospel at all times and sometimes use words. Atheists, Free yourself from dogma, human minds created what you believe, and they can and will be limited in all aspects of every science. Every one in between, stop riding the fence it is not good to be in the middle of anything.
Evolution is kinda the wrong question too, it's more like God VS Science really.. I had been drinking a bit when I made this poll though

One of them truckless bastards.
Coltaine is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 PM
PSN Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: No man's land
Posts: 15,561
Re: Evolution, the poll

Whats a good turbo?

02 f250
countryboyrob is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Sponsor
 
jimdawg185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,309
Re: Evolution, the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine View Post
Evolution is kinda the wrong question too, it's more like God VS Science really.. I had been drinking a bit when I made this poll though

I really don't believe that to be entirely true. We as humans can observe using the strict guidelines of the scientific method. I would say that we do this all the time in a laymans way when we mod and race our trucks. The essential problem I see is two fold. One, the rampant unethical manipulation of data to come to conclusions drawn before the data is collected. And second, the broad generalizations across spans of time that are so large that our brains have a hard time conceptualizing them let alone applying our small observations to these large time lines. For heavens sake, there is a billion years of geological history missing. If you were missing a quarter of your memory you would have to speculate a whole hell of a lot to figure out where you came from.

2000 EX, fuel, air, and heat.
jimdawg185 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome