Obama admintration, disgusting.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 05:49 PM
id: 5520

Obama admintration, disgusting..

Sueing Arizona?? What a disgrace Obama is to this nation. I hope we can survive until 2012 so we can try to put someone in there that is NOT worthless.. Everything he involves himself with turns into a disaster..

FOXNews.com - Facing Federal Lawsuit, Arizona Governor Stands Her Ground on Immigration Law
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM
ARMY bound

Re: Obama admintration, disgusting..

It's a fun time to be alive, this is gonna be real interesting.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Gandy Dancer

What's the big deal about a lawsuit?

Since it is so controversial, what better way to find out if it is Constitutionally legal than letting it go through the courts?

I'm sure it will end up in front of the SCOTUS and, given their current makeup.......it wouldn't surprise me if they rule in favor of Arizona.

And if they don't rule for Arizona, maybe it will still spur Obama to be the first POTUS to actually address immigration in a forceful way.

In fact, settling the legality now........before other states decide to pass a gamut of legislation (some which may be totally contradictory to what Arizona is doing).........seems to be the smart way to go to me.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
What's the big deal about a lawsuit?

Since it is so controversial, what better way to find out if it is Constitutionally legal than letting it go through the courts?

I'm sure it will end up in front of the SCOTUS and, given their current makeup.......it wouldn't surprise me if they rule in favor of Arizona.

And if they don't rule for Arizona, maybe it will still spur Obama to be the first POTUS to actually address immigration in a forceful way.

In fact, settling the legality now........before other states decide to pass a gamut of legislation (some which may be totally contradictory to what Arizona is doing).........seems to be the smart way to go to me.
You sir, are lost..
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsah View Post
You sir, are lost..
So Mr. Compass, show me the way.

What is your problem with a lawsuit?

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
You sir, are lost..
How is he lost? He has a point. If it makes it to the supreme court, and the supreme court rules in favor of Arizona, then it will set a precedent for other states to follow. In other words, it will give states more power to establish immigration laws and enforce those laws. We all know the federal government hasn't done jack with illegal immigration for some time now, maybe if states have the power to pitch in a little more, then it can be addressed more efficiently and have a greater effect.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
So Mr. Compass, show me the way.

What is your problem with a lawsuit?
I have read more than my fair share of your post's and I'm not going to agrue with you that's for sure.. Somone else more patient than I will show you the way..
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
How is he lost? He has a point. If it makes it to the supreme court, and the supreme court rules in favor of Arizona, then it will set a precedent for other states to follow. In other words, it will give states more power to establish immigration laws and enforce those laws. We all know the federal government hasn't done jack with illegal immigration for some time now, maybe if states have the power to pitch in a little more, then it can be addressed more efficiently and have a greater effect.
He allways has a point.. So does everyone else, that doesn't make them right.
What if the court doesn't rule in favor of Arizona?
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
He allways has a point.. So does everyone else, that doesn't make them right.
What if the court doesn't rule in favor of Arizona?
The court would only rule against AZ if it's not constitutional. If it's not constitutional, then it shouldn't be law. I think everyone can see the reasoning behind that.

However, I don't see how the law violates the constitution, as the constitution itself does not specifically give the federal government the final rule or authority regarding immigration. It only specifies naturalization of citizens. Hence, if it's not in the constitution, then whatever isn't there is supposed to be reverted to the states to decide for themselves.

So realistically, it looks as though this lawsuit will favor Arizona. The question is how they plan to present in court how they will address officers asking for proof of legal immigration. That is the only grey area that I can see. If Arizona can show a proper and legal path of law enforcement that does not show discrimination, then they will have the upper hand.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
The court would only rule against AZ if it's not constitutional. If it's not constitutional, then it shouldn't be law. I think everyone can see the reasoning behind that.

However, I don't see how the law violates the constitution, as the constitution itself does not specifically give the federal government the final rule or authority regarding immigration. It only specifies naturalization of citizens. Hence, if it's not in the constitution, then whatever isn't there is supposed to be reverted to the states to decide for themselves.

So realistically, it looks as though this lawsuit will favor Arizona. The question is how they plan to present in court how they will address officers asking for proof of legal immigration. That is the only grey area that I can see. If Arizona can show a proper and legal path of law enforcement that does not show discrimination, then they will have the upper hand.
Will see what good comes from another federal intervention. Watching the last year and half I don't see it..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode