Residents angry over release of illegal immigrants - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Residents angry over release of illegal immigrants

Four illegal immigrants who ran from police during a traffic stop were arrested Tuesday. But they were quickly released after federal immigration agents refused to pick them up for deportation.

Mario Boone volunteertv.com

LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The jailhouse doors flew wide open Tuesday to four illegal aliens who ran from police during a traffic stop just one day earlier.

"It's frustrating to some degree, but there's also nothing we can really do about it," said Asst. Chief Jimmy Davis with Loudon County Sheriff's Office.

The quad were among 10 suspected illegals enroute to Knoxville from Texas when their van was stopped along I-75 in Loudon County. The ordeal caused an intense manhunt which even included a Knox County sheriff's chopper.

"We don't know what type of person you're dealing with, why they're fleeing law enforcement, is there some type of narcotics, somebody that's wanted, somebody in the middle of a crime," said Davis.

Turns out Loudon sheriff's deputies did everything right. But it's when they called federal immigration agents to pick up the illegals, and what happened next that has jaws dropping across East Tennessee.

"There's just not the manpower and resources to deport every illegal immigrant that is found in the United States. It's just not possible," said Davis.

Local residents sounded off upon hearing about the releases. "I don't think it's right. They need to send those boys right back," said Greg Keener.

But county deputies lack power to deport illegals. And since the feds refused to, deputies had to cut the group loose.

"Arrest them, hold them, and send them back," said Shirley Goth.

"I think they need to get their stuff together," said Rebecca Keener.

ICE spokeswoman Barbara Gonzalez released this statement reading: "we prioritize our efforts based on those that pose the greatest threat to the community."

Early '99 F250, 4X4, SuperCab, "PowerStroke", Auto,
PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped
Sinister pre-pump mod w/filter
Dick Cepek DC1 w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 325/65R18,

Annoy A Liberal....... Work Hard and Be Happy!
Please dont call me white or Caucasian. It offends me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 12:38 PM

Re: Residents angry over release of illegal immigrants

Even if ICE couldn't get involved what they did was illegal, eluding officers. Why didn't the Sheriff's office hold them for a bond hearing?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Even if ICE couldn't get involved what they did was illegal, eluding officers. Why didn't the Sheriff's office hold them for a bond hearing?
I was kinda wondering the same thing.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Perhaps that would work but.......exactly how would our wonderful court system do that if none of them had ANY type of identification...????

PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
Perhaps that would work but.......exactly how would our wonderful court system do that if none of them had ANY type of identification...????
The same way they deal with a Jane Doe. THey would try them based upon the fact that what they did was illegal. Without identification bond cannot be set nor can a bondsman guarentee a bond.

This person(s) would be sitting in jail.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
All done now

Quote:
The same way they deal with a Jane Doe. THey would try them based upon the fact that what they did was illegal. Without identification bond cannot be set nor can a bondsman guarentee a bond.

This person(s) would be sitting in jail.
Once again getting three squares and a bed, paid for by taxpayers. Which is fine, leave them there until you have enough to fill a bus. Transport them to the Border and kick them out.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Once again getting three squares and a bed, paid for by taxpayers. Which is fine, leave them there until you have enough to fill a bus. Transport them to the Border and kick them out.
I agree they should not be a burden on us but for the county to just turn them loose was on the verge of moronic.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
TennesseeHillbilly

Quote:
I agree they should not be a burden on us but for the county to just turn them loose was on the verge of moronic.
It just goes to show the extent of the problem and the complete lack of attention given to it. The county systems could not deal with the enormous volume of illegals if they did begin detaining them. And obviously the Federal Agencies are not concerned. So how does one propose to solve this dilemma? By just ignoring it? When will it become too late? Oh well, I do kinda like Mexican food!

PMT1 PCM, DP 80 tow
ISSPRO gauges
BDS front leveling kit
4" straight piped

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitjo View Post
It just goes to show the extent of the problem and the complete lack of attention given to it. The county systems could not deal with the enormous volume of illegals if they did begin detaining them. And obviously the Federal Agencies are not concerned. So how does one propose to solve this dilemma? By just ignoring it? When will it become too late? Oh well, I do kinda like Mexican food!
I'd bet my truck if I had run from the cops I'd still be sitting there in jail. Why being an illegal does it give a pass to walk?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Probably be the same story coming out of AZ when they catch illegals. This just goes to show the federal gov't has no plans to deport illegals even when they are caught. Really the is no point of a fence if the gov't won't deport them anyway.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode