Osama No Show @ Tomb of Unknown Soldier - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Osama No Show @ Tomb of Unknown Soldier

Obama To Be A No Show At Memorial Day Ceremony

Obama will be on vacation in Chicago this Memorial Day, instead of presiding over Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington. This may be the first time since the Civil War that a president will not pay respect to the veterans passed.

WASHINGTON (AP)

President Barack Obama plans to spend a long holiday weekend in Chicago.
The White House says Obama and his family will travel to their hometown on Thursday and stay through the weekend. It will be their first trip back home since a visit for Valentine’s Day weekend in February 2009.
On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.
In Obama’s absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington

Obama will however make it back to Washington in time next week to honor Paul McCartney, who has sacrificed so much for the freedoms we enjoy.

Update: Obama will alter vacation plans slightly and travel to the Gulf on Friday in a desperate attempt to “plug the damn hole” in his approval ratings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
FCDP

Re: Osama No Show @ Tomb of Unknown Soldier

Do you really want nObama there. It is just an appearance for him. Do you want someone that doesn't care about participating in that memorial. Im gald he is not there. I just hope that there is someone there that actually cares about this country and actually cares about the people that died for it. Some people know who died and there are some that don't know who died. In my opinion I don't think the people who died for our country really worried about being recognized. I think that in there hearts they did it for what they believed in, they died for us and there family to be free. I believe we should recognize them for what they did but I don't think the president that doesn't care should do so. This country was built on its people and the fact that we fight for what we believe in. If he doesn't believe in it then *********************************. I can't say the rest. Thank you to every man, women and child that gave up anything to keep this country free. We owe you everything for what you did for us. MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Gandy Dancer

So what?

Does this change your mind on how terrible Obama is for not going?

Memorial Day

Quote:
Obama is not the first president to miss the ceremony at the 5,000-seat Arlington amphitheater. Ronald Reagan spoke at West Point one year and went to his California ranch another year. George H.W. Bush, a war veteran, did not go at all. Bill Clinton – who did not serve in Vietnam and had a rocky time dealing with the military – went to Arlington all eight years, and George W. Bush, who also avoided combat service in Vietnam, attended from 2003 onward.
No?

I didn't think so.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRUITPUNCHKID View Post
This may be the first time since the Civil War that a president will not pay respect to the veterans passed.
False false false false false.

Why do you insist on constantly posting lies on this forum? It makes you look stupid.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/memorialday.asp

Yep, that's right... Reagan missed Alington... Bush Sr. vacationed (just like Obama)..... and Bush Jr. also missed.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:56 AM
<-- it's like that

Oh and don't forget... Obama was there last year.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Why do you insist on constantly posting lies on this forum? It makes you look stupid.
But, but, but...............the mass e-mails he gets from extremist right-wingers just must be true.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 AM
FCDP

I think every president should go. They gave there life for them. If it wasn't for the service men and women we probably wouldn't have a president. I don't know about the other presidents that did or didn't attend but the same goes for all that didn't attend.

No matter the differences between us I thank the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES for the hard work and sacrifise so that I can live how I live. And from every TRUE AMERICAN, not just on today but every other day we live free, THANK YOU!!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockOBS View Post
I just hope that there is someone there that actually cares about this country and actually cares about the people that died for it.
It's beyond me how anyone could think that Obama doesn't care about our nation. Even IF the direction he is taking this country if different than some want, people don't do that job w/o having a great love for this nation. It's a horrible job and he inherited a horrible mess. No matter what he did he was going to look bad. He could have made millions in the private sector.

Oh yah, and besides that you are full of crap as usual about the other stuff but that is expected and not really worth mentioning any longer.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
hvac man

I thought Obama was there last year. I remembered seeing him there and and thinking I wish kinda he wasn't. Mixed feelings I guess.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:17 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockOBS View Post
I think every president should go.
I think every Commander in Chief of the U.S. military should go. Every year.

IMO, POTUS's tend to spend more time on all the "other" issues and forget what that position was originally created for.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode