Public school kids wearing KKK outfits - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Public school kids wearing KKK outfits

This is the second instance over the past week where students doing re-enactments for history class wear KKK outfits.

Gwinnett schools investigate after teacher allows KKK robes | ajc.com

I see no good of coming from this type of re-enactment and think the teachers should have used better judgement.

What I don't get;

Quote:
The Gwinnett and Lumpkin cases are notable for their similarities, but also for one key difference: Hunte is black; the teacher in the Lumpkin County incident, Catherine Ariemma, is white
Why is this a "key difference"? If it is inappropriate it is inappropriate, no?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Banning Smut

Re: Public school kids wearing KKK outfits

Its inappropriate, period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Attention Whore

Quanell will be all over the white teacher....he'll conveniently forget about the black one though.

Spending money I don't have on crap I don't need to impress people I don't know.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 03:14 PM
PSN Veteran

we need to just leave that part of history out. It was a bad time and the sooner we forget the better we all will be. Heck i dont think any of the slaves are even living any more. So unless you were a slave and directaly involved you have no rights to it.

2000 F350 CC SB Lariate
Afew exstras
All brought together by Tony Wildman

Dale

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZYD View Post
we need to just leave that part of history out. It was a bad time and the sooner we forget the better we all will be. Heck i dont think any of the slaves are even living any more. So unless you were a slave and directaly involved you have no rights to it.
I'm really confused.

When you say..... "It was a bad time and the sooner we forget the better we all will be" ..............what are you talking about?

Surely you don't think the KKK has gone away?

And why would we ever want to "just leave that part of history out?"

It's not like we can, or should.............pretend it never happened.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZYD View Post
The KKK was not really a slave thing, it was after the slaves, when blacks were free, yet still segregated. And there are plenty of folks sill alive who experienced the times of segregation.

Early 99 Powerstroke
Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat 4x4
SCT Livewire w/ various custom tunes
Adrenaline
AFE stage 2
Super 66 Turbo
4" straight pipe
Modded IDM
Automatic trans: PI Converter, tugger kit
Leveling Kit w/ 35's
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Peon Extraordinaire

I don't have a problem with it. It was part of our history. You can't cherry pick the parts of history you think are important - THEY ALL ARE.

If you don't study it, your doomed to repeat it.

Sam

The Trash Truck
96 CC F350 SRW - Built for SVO and mileage
Go Green - HotFox, Dual Heated Dahl 100s, Fuel Filter Coolant Wrap, ArcticFox
Go Fast - Hybrids, H2E, 6.0 IC, Fuelab, BTS 144.2/291.5 uncorrected

thanx
Rockin-S-Performance - Install, tech support, and advice
Diesel Innovations - Killer Deal on Parts
Tony Wildman/SWAMPS - Tuning
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Gandy Dancer

Think of it as a 'stimulus plan'......................for those who make white sheets.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie144 View Post
I don't have a problem with it. It was part of our history. You can't cherry pick the parts of history you think are important - THEY ALL ARE.

If you don't study it, your doomed to repeat it.

Sam
I have no problem studying it but re-enacting it is not the best idea. Of course the movie Deep Throat is a significant part of our history, maybe they should re-enact it.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
I have no problem studying it but re-enacting it is not the best idea.
I agree. I took a college course on Race and Ethnicity (required course for some odd reason at the business school), and we studied the KKK as well as groups on the other side of the isle like the Black Panthers and such. While it's arguably a dark and ugly part of our national history, it serves as good lessons for us to learn from.

But like PsRumors mentioned, there's an appropriate way to learn about it, and reenactment with kids dressed up in klan robes isn't the brightest idea, especially since the KKK is still alive today.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode