i just may have to move to texas - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
utah get me two

i just may have to move to texas

looks like atleast someone has some balls,and common sense
i thought it was dead..

Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum - Yahoo! News

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM
brandon

Re: i just may have to move to texas

Texas rocks!!

2002 f-250 7.3 ex cab automatic, 4'' turbo back magnaflow exhaust. tonneau cover. SOLD
2011 f-250 6.7 Lariat fx4 with lots of extras!!Sold
2011 Screw Ecoboost 4x4 with ALL the options

Quote:
Excuses are like butts, everybody got one and they all stink!
post #3 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 AM
PSN Veteran

how about we teach the truth?? don't sugar coat it, just teach the truth

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

post #4 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:44 AM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Kinda funny considering Austin is one of the places boycotting Arizona.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #5 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas – The Texas State Board of Education adopted a social studies and history curriculum Friday that amends or waters down the teaching of the civil rights movement, slavery,............
Why would anyone, that isn't a racist............... think that this is a good thing?

I suppose next, they will start teaching how blacks were better off being the property of other human beings?

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #6 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Junior Mint

TX has a history of rewriting history to suite their agenda.

The TX History that every student is required to be taught in the 7th grade has large parts that are just factually incorrect. It completely ignores the fact that the Americans were actually illegal immigrants that took over a foreign country and lied, cheated, and stole to do it. They also dramatically lied about the battle successes grossly exagerating the numbers and timelines.

A very small group of men were elected by a very few number of voters to school boards w/ the intention of permanently altering the facts in TX textbooks. Many other states buy off of the standard TX textbooks so this doesn't just make Texans more ignorant, but up to 75% of American school children more ignorant as well.

TX will now teach Creationism as a viable alternative to you know, science. A clear violation of seperation of church and state.

TX will now change the facts of the civil war and barely mention slavery at all and avoid the topic altogether as the factor that led to the war. It references trade differences as the cause instead. It was suggested to rename the Civil war "The War of Northern Aggression".

The Civil Rights movement is no longer considered relevent so moving forward TX students will think that TX was attacked first by Mexicans, then by Yankees, and blacks have had it just dandy here the entire time.

They want to rewrite the McCarthy era primarily by saying that he was correct and their WERE indeed Communists in the government (there wasn't) and the fact that he ruined lives and really altered things (such as adding 'in God we Trust") was completely justified.

Conservatives have decided that some facts are more like opinions. That their is an opinion, and so therefore there must be a counter opinion. But facts are facts. They want to lie to our children for personl gain and it really shoes how broken our system of government is.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Why would anyone, that isn't a racist............... think that this is a good thing?

I suppose next, they will start teaching how blacks were better off being the property of other human beings?
Hey Gandy this is for you :

Quit stiring the pot man .

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #8 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:04 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay View Post
Quit stiring the pot man .
If the pot doesn't get stirred................all of the scum just congeals on top.

Seriously, do you really think that expressing a different opinion (and the mental pause/thinking/reflection that may take place as a result)...........is a bad thing?

And do you think I really enjoy being called names, threatened and talked smack to................even if I do see injustices I think need corrected?

Let me tell you, it's no easy task to constantly take abuse for speaking out against the inequities (as I see them) in life but, what would feel worse (to me)....................... is letting them slide.

Edmund Burke once said, “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

And racism, discrimination, fairness and not looking after those who can't look after themselves................are all things in my book that we can/should do something about.

Obviously....................... not everyone agrees.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
If the pot doesn't get stirred................all of the scum just congeals on top.

Seriously, do you really think that expressing a different opinion (and the mental pause/thinking/reflection that may take place as a result)...........is a bad thing?

And do you think I really enjoy being called names, threatened and talked smack to................even if I do see injustices I think need corrected?

Let me tell you, it's no easy task to constantly take abuse for speaking out against the inequities (as I see them) in life but, what would feel worse (to me)....................... is letting them slide.

Edmund Burke once said, ďAll that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.Ē

And racism, discrimination, fairness and not looking after those who can't look after themselves................are all things in my book that we can/should do something about.

Obviously....................... not everyone agrees.
Yeah I was just bustin your balls .

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #10 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljay View Post
Yeah I was just bustin your balls .
Oh gee...........that's never happened here before.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode