u get what u pay for at walmart - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 99whitetanpsd Send a message via Yahoo to 99whitetanpsd
u get what u pay for at walmart

Oil Change Destroys Engine - Click2Houston.com- msnbc.com

E99 f250 4x4 CC SB (sold)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7.3L powerstroke
292hp 658tq
[email protected] 1/8 mile

06 ram 2500 4x4 qc sb
5.9L 24V cummins
[email protected] 1/8 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deereman4020 View Post
Fuk D-maxes I'll get a cummins before a D-max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Super Hauler!

Re: u get what u pay for at walmart

thats what you get when you have wally world techs work on a car, some peoples kids.

08 F-250 CCSB king ranch erics tunes livewire
1985 Peterbilt 359 Big cam III Tuned up a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by prheitz View Post
I change my HPOP oil, the oil does circulate with the regular oil, it doesn't cycle as often and does get dirty sooner.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:38 AM
PSN nerd

couple weeks ago they were changing the oil in a friends truck and they forgot to put oil back in the rear end whoops...

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:39 AM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs

Let's see how long it takes someone to make "the" post.

EMPIRE DIESEL, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, CEN-TEX DIESEL PERFORMANCE, AND DIESEL INNOVATIONS

ALSO LOTS OF HELP FROM (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) TWISTED DIESEL PERFORMANCE, FCDP, ITP, MATT WITH GEARHEAD, ERIC WITH INNOVATIVE, DOUG WITH GOGO DIESEL, CASS WITH FULL FORCE DIESEL, AND SWAMP'S

2005 F350 Fat-Butt Truck
2004 ECSB Procharged F250
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 AM

I am not saying this one didn't happen but...

I worked at a shop for about 2 years. We had a pump that sucked the oil out of the pan through the dipstick tube. You would be amazed at how many people came in to file a claim because we left the drain plug out or loose.

I hope the guy gets his deminished value. Most people don't know to ask for it but it can be had. If the car is anywhere near low mileage a new engine will not help with selling the vehicle.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 AM
FNG

Thats nothing new for wally world.

Its happened to a couple friends of mine.

They did it to my 7.3 as well. They couldnt figure out why the truck wouldnt start until they asked me to come out to the bay and I pulled the dipstick

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 PM
PSN Veteran

I got tires there for the wifes car. I took it back 4 times due to loosing presure no holes just seeping around the rim. the last time i told them i wanted all 4 broke down cleaned and remounted i paid for the road hasard so it was free. Got it back still putting air in them once a week. They lost my business took it to a tire shop got new tires have not had to put air in them since.

My cousin got tires ther he had the road hazard. He got a flat put the dounut on and took it there to be fixed. The tech if you can call them that pulled off the spare leaned it against the car fixed the flat put fixed tire on lowered the car. Well the spare was still leaning against the car pealed the door skin passengers side. My cousin was told it was done jumped in the car and went home. got home went in the house few minutes later his dad walks in and asked what did you do to the car. He was like what. Took it back and watch the servalance vid and the tech walked around the car cant get the spare out from under the wreckage raised it back up and put spare back in the trunk.

2000 F350 CC SB Lariate
Afew exstras
All brought together by Tony Wildman

Dale

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

walmart is the capitol of walking stupidity trying to 'fix' or 'service' vehicles.

They built a new 'super' walmart that had auto service back home. For grand opening week, they had $6.95 oil changes, and a tire rotate & balance special also, but I don't remember the price.
They had no less than 3 vehicles that left without getting ANY oil put in them, 2 filters or plugs left loose, and at least 3 vehicles had a tire fall off, or almost fall off.
Sad part is, the engines they ruined they wouldn't even put in a reman. They'd only put in 'equivalent milage' junkyard engines, and didn't do any checking before they had them dropped in. Even on a car with less than 10k miles, it got a junkyard engine.
Judging by that article, I'd say they changed that policy.

Go ARMY!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:21 PM
PSN Local

i would never take anything to wall mart in the first place to get fixed also i know of a few dealers who forgot to tighten the drain plug

sucperchips flashpaq, banks ram air, 4"mbrp straight piped rcd egr delete leveled
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Twitch

I wouldn't let those tools touch my truck if it was the last option. They like to run that cheap supertech walmart brand oil thru there.

02 F250 4x4..."Smokey"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode