Cheap Tomatoes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Cheap Tomatoes

Some of you have seen this from an email, but it sure makes you think.......whether the numbers are 100% correct or not.

Cheap Tomatoes

THIS HAS GOT TO BE PASSED ALONG TO AS MANY AS POSSIBLE OR WE WILL ALL GO DOWN THE DRAIN BECAUSE A FEW DON'T CARE.

This English teacher has phrased it the best I've seen yet.

Tomatoes and Cheap Labor

CHEAP TOMATOES?

This should make everyone think, be you Democrat, Republican or Independent.

From a California school teacher - - -

"As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you should be aware of:

I am in charge of the English-as-a-second-language department at a large southern California high school which is designated a Title 1 school, meaning that its students average lower socioeconomic and income levels.

Most of the schools you are hearing about, South Gate High, Bell Gardens , Huntington Park , etc., where these students are protesting, are also Title 1 schools.

Title 1 schools are on the free breakfast and free lunch program. When I say free breakfast, I'm not talking a glass of milk and a roll -- but a full breakfast and cereal bar with fruits and juices that would make a Marriott proud. The waste of this food is monumental, with trays and trays of it being dumped in the trash uneaten.

I estimate that well over 50% of these students are obese or at least moderately overweight. About 75% or more DO have cell phones. The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids.

I was ordered to spend $700,000 on my department or risk losing

funding for the upcoming year even though there was little need for anything; my budget was already substantial. I ended up buying new computers for the computer learning center, half of which, one month later, have been carved with graffiti by the appreciative students who obviously feel humbled and grateful to have a free education in America ...

I have had to intervene several times for young and substitute teachers whose classes consist of many illegal immigrant students, here in the country less than 3 months, who raised so much hell with the female teachers, calling them "Putas"(whores) and throwing things, that the teachers were in tears.

Free medical, free education, free food, free day care etc., etc, etc. Is it any wonder they feel entitled to not only be in this country but to demand rights, privileges and entitlements?

To those who want to point out how much these illegal immigrants contribute to our society because they LIKE their gardener and housekeeper and they like to pay less for tomatoes: spend some time in the real world of illegal immigration and see the TRUE costs.

Higher insurance, medical facilities closing, higher medical costs, more crime, lower standards of education in our schools, overcrowding, new diseases. For me, I'll pay more for tomatoes.

Americans, We need to wake up.

It does, however, have everything to do with culture: It involves an American third-world culture that does not value education, that accepts children getting pregnant and dropping out of school by 15 and that refuses to assimilate, and an American culture that has become so weak and worried about "political correctness" that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for $5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return, he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are, or become, aged, blind or disabled, they qualify for SSI. If qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicaid. All of this is at (our) taxpayer's expense.

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills and his.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT!

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS OF EITHER PARTY. AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY (or what we ask?), WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM . Period!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 PM
All done now

Re: Cheap Tomatoes

Makes perfect sense to me.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM
PSN Local

No Wal-Mart too. Pay the little people to run their stores because it is actually important to help your neighbors

1996 F-250. 5 spd, 3.55s, 292k miles, 6637 intake, 3"dp 4" straight pipe, 1.0 A/R, gutted ebpv

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy's 250 View Post
No Wal-Mart too. Pay the little people to run their stores because it is actually important to help your neighbors

No Wal-Mart???

Why?

Do you know anything about how much work wal-mart generates on just the construction side???

Do you know how much work is generated by 250-300 NEW stores a year? 250-300 remodels or expansions a year?

Now what about the transportation side of wal-mart?

And the 150-200 people EACH wal mart employees?

Your barking up the wrong tree there...

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Im all for helping the little man as much as possible, but the Wal-Marts of the world have their place as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Scab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy's 250 View Post
IMO the problem with a lot of the "little people" is that they refuse to find their niche. Think about your favorite mom and pop place, and think about what you like about it. You probably aren't going to just say that it is a small business. My favorite small local establishment is a breakfast place near my home. Their prices are not any better than that of IHOP or Waffle House, in fact they are more expensive. The restraunt only has seating for about 15 people and on the weekends you usually wait 30 minutes to get in. So what do they offer that makes me support them?

The first thing is a superior product. The food is absolutely delicious and always fresh. Secondly the customer service is wonderful. A husband and his wife own and operate this restraunt on their own. The first time I went there, they introduced themselves and remembered my name and little details about me from that day on. That is their niche. They aren't opened 24 hours a day and don't have a menu with 400 items on it. They do a few things and do them very well. I think if more small businesses would take that approach they would be more succesful.

PS. The restraunt is called the Grille, and it is located on S. Battlefield BLVD, Chesapeake VA in the heart of Great Bridge.

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode