Screw the dollar, lets make sure the Euro is king - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Screw the dollar, lets make sure the Euro is king

Stocks soar on $1 trillion EU rescue package - Stocks economy- msnbc.com

We are loaning money we don't have.....

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 PM
RightWingNut

Re: Screw the dollar, lets make sure the Euro is king

Borrowing from China and giving to Europe.......

Hope we got a good interest rate.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Haters Gonna Hate

Send a message via MSN to Fordfreak4life

if the sh*t that our country is doing to save the rest of the countries on this fuggin planet doesn't stop soon we will be a third would fuggin country trying to get everyone to help our dumbass's! what a f'n joke! stop worry about everyone else's fuggin problems and and our own god damn problems, cuz lord knows we have some!

2004 F-350 CCSB DRW Sport Package..... something else to spend money on
Proud Supporter of Race For The Warriors

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Junior Mint

Since this administration has taken power the stock market, economy, and dollar have all rebounded remarkedly. what are you guys complaining about? Has it ever occured to you that the world is much more complex than Faux News makes it out to be and maybe this new guy knows what he is doing and his results in only 15 months really shows that?

Your confused about whose policies were making us a 3rd world country. Look at who was in charge as it all went to crap for the answers. I know who was in charge when I couldn't sell a house, my 401Ks tanked, the majority of my income went away, etc...

On a good note I can buy a new KTM this year because the exchange rate has gotten so much better for us. Just in time too because my two 2008's are getting pretty ragged out.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Since this administration has taken power the stock market, economy, and dollar have all rebounded remarkedly. what are you guys complaining about? Has it ever occured to you that the world is much more complex than Faux News makes it out to be and maybe this new guy knows what he is doing and his results in only 15 months really shows that?

Your confused about whose policies were making us a 3rd world country. Look at who was in charge as it all went to crap for the answers. I know who was in charge when I couldn't sell a house, my 401Ks tanked, the majority of my income went away, etc...

On a good note I can buy a new KTM this year because the exchange rate has gotten so much better for us. Just in time too because my two 2008's are getting pretty ragged out.
Could it be the Euro and the economy followed us and became devalued? No really the dollar catching the euro rather the euro falling to the dollar?

We are lending money we don't have. If we continue we will be bankrupt, where / when does it stop?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
FNG

Yes the euro is decreasing in value. The dollar is not increasing much

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 06:05 PM
oil burner

things havent gotten any better around here yet.new york state is so broke they held off our tax returns for a month,and they stole money from the snowmobile trail funds.

96 f250, ZF5,160cc,
300k miles

96 f350 plow truck
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
We are lending money we don't have. If we continue we will be bankrupt, where / when does it stop?
The excessive spending occurred before this administration got here.

The previous administration lowered the tax rate on the wealthiest Americans, cut spending on infrastructure, cut spending on all regulation including offshore drilling and banking, entered two wars and did not even show them in the budget, did not deal w/ the increasing cost of Medicare and Social Security, etc...

So now we enter a Recession in 2007 bordering on a Great Depression and EVERY single economist that knows anything at all, of either political stripe, says the same thing. Increasing spending temporarily is absolutely necessary to save us from the Great Depression and 20-30-40-50% unemployement. Cutting back right then would have ruined this country for 2 decades.

I know it's politically popular to complain about the deficit but the facts are that Clinton inherited a budget deficit and handed Bush a budget surplus. Which Bush then turned into a deficit again and a recession. It takes time to undue the simpleton Republican policies that will BK our nation but current policies are doing that.

A good politician avoids getting all up in a tizzy based on current public opinion. The fact is most of the public is uninformed and has a simple view of how these things interact. A good politician will assemble a panel of experts on a particular topic and follow their advice for the good of our nation even if it is against popular critisism. This is my biggest problem w/ the modern Republican in the Palin stripe. No consistency, no strength, just do or say what ever the loudest members of the public say to get reelected at any cost even when they damn well know it will hurt the nation.

The best way to get out of the red financially is to get the economy humming again so tax receipts climb combined w/ budget cuts once we are completely out of the recession. But cutting the budget now would plunge our economy into recession.

Faux news never mentions that the current admin has only spent 25% of the TARP fund or that most has been paid back w/ interest and actually made the governement money. Did you know TARP is 42% smaller than what Reagan had to spend on the Savings & Loan scandal 20 years ago? Of course not, since a Republican did that Faux news is going to conviently ignore that little fact.

It's not Conservative principles I have a problem with. It's the constant misinformation you people are fed by mega-corporations as they play you like a $3 banjo to get exactly what they want. Many of these corps have actually had internal documents on how to mislead the public to sway public opinion and get what they want. The worst offender is a foreign Billionaire that has flat stated that he doesn't care about politics or facts, only profit. This is the man that owns and runs the organization you get your info about YOUR American government from.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The excessive spending occurred before this administration got here.
...and since this administration took office. We were suppose to get change, where's the scalpel?

You are going to get no arguement Bush over spend and congress allowed him to do it. That does not make this administration immune to the criticism.

Quote:
The previous administration lowered the tax rate on the wealthiest Americans, cut spending on infrastructure, cut spending on all regulation including offshore drilling and banking, entered two wars and did not even show them in the budget, did not deal w/ the increasing cost of Medicare and Social Security, etc...
What is wrong with cutting taxes for the wealthiest people when they pay the majority of taxes?

50% of American's pay no income tax and half of those get money back, redistribution at its finest.

The previous administration didn't cut spending near enough nor did they cut enough to cover the tax breaks. They should have.

Medicare and othe medical costs are continueing to go up. Surely you don't believe the new health care legislation is going to actually reduce those costs. The party of no should have taken their crack at it years ago.

Quote:
So now we enter a Recession in 2007 bordering on a Great Depression and EVERY single economist that knows anything at all, of either political stripe, says the same thing. Increasing spending temporarily is absolutely necessary to save us from the Great Depression and 20-30-40-50% unemployement. Cutting back right then would have ruined this country for 2 decades.
Some of us were willing to take that chance in order to leave our children with less debt and less guberment.

Quote:
I know it's politically popular to complain about the deficit but the facts are that Clinton inherited a budget deficit and handed Bush a budget surplus. Which Bush then turned into a deficit again and a recession. It takes time to undue the simpleton Republican policies that will BK our nation but current policies are doing that.
Clinton, with the correct people in congress handed Bush a surplus. Look at Clinton's early term to see what his ideals were. No doubt Bush blew the budget.

Quote:
A good politician avoids getting all up in a tizzy based on current public opinion. The fact is most of the public is uninformed and has a simple view of how these things interact. A good politician will assemble a panel of experts on a particular topic and follow their advice for the good of our nation even if it is against popular critisism. This is my biggest problem w/ the modern Republican in the Palin stripe. No consistency, no strength, just do or say what ever the loudest members of the public say to get reelected at any cost even when they damn well know it will hurt the nation.

The best way to get out of the red financially is to get the economy humming again so tax receipts climb combined w/ budget cuts once we are completely out of the recession. But cutting the budget now would plunge our economy into recession.

Faux news never mentions that the current admin has only spent 25% of the TARP fund or that most has been paid back w/ interest and actually made the governement money. Did you know TARP is 42% smaller than what Reagan had to spend on the Savings & Loan scandal 20 years ago? Of course not, since a Republican did that Faux news is going to conviently ignore that little fact.

It's not Conservative principles I have a problem with. It's the constant misinformation you people are fed by mega-corporations as they play you like a $3 banjo to get exactly what they want. Many of these corps have actually had internal documents on how to mislead the public to sway public opinion and get what they want. The worst offender is a foreign Billionaire that has flat stated that he doesn't care about politics or facts, only profit. This is the man that owns and runs the organization you get your info about YOUR American government from.
Do you believe what you are told in regards to the TARP and its repayments? It has already been proven GM didn't really pay back their funds. How many more instances that have not been uncovered are there? Or has MSNBC and the like played you like a $3 banjo.

The simple fact, without reduced spending we are going backrupt, a simple mind is not needed to see that.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 PM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

If I had a hundred bucks... and I spent a thousand... And then I loaded you eight hundred...

How much money would I have?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode