One Down........NEXT !!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

One Down........NEXT !!!

One incumbent down.........more to follow hopefully.

Quote:
Republican U.S. Sen. Bob Bennett of Utah has been ousted in his bid to serve a fourth term after failing to make it out of the Utah GOP convention.

Attorney Mike Lee and businessman Tim Bridgewater are the remaining Republican candidates after Saturday's vote. After a third round of voting, neither nominee received 60 percent of the vote, so both will head to the Utah primary on June 22.

Bennett was a distant third in the second round of voting among nearly 3,500 delegates, netting about 27 percent of the vote.

Wiping away tears, Bennett called the political atmosphere "toxic" and said it's, "Clear some of the votes I've cast have added to that toxic environment, looking back with one or two minor exceptions, I wouldn't cast any any differently, even if I knew it would cost me my career."

The three-term senator was targeted by Tea Party activists and other groups for supporting the first traunch of TARP, or Troubled Assets Relief Program.

FOX News - Politics - Latest Headlines - Utah Republican Sen. Bob Bennett Ousted in Re-Election Bid - Page 1 of 4

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Junior Mint

Re: One Down........NEXT !!!

Tbar, do you believe that a strong established Conservative like Bennett being ousted by what amounts to a minority in a primary is good for anybody? Especially the Republican party but also the constituents? As a tea-bagger you have to recognize that your group is in the minority and heading in this direction actually makes it LESS likely your ideas are mandated for several reasons. For one, in many states, a tea bagger candidate simply will not win the general election.

Thoughts?

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
Tbar, do you believe that a strong established Conservative like Bennett being ousted by what amounts to a minority in a primary is good for anybody? Especially the Republican party but also the constituents? As a tea-bagger you have to recognize that your group is in the minority and heading in this direction actually makes it LESS likely your ideas are mandated for several reasons. For one, in many states, a tea bagger candidate simply will not win the general election.

Thoughts?
We are wanting to clean house on the right side of the isle...........how about y'all do the same on the left........or are you satisfied with your thieves in Washington???

We call this voter induced term limits and at least in this case it is being driven by a well organized group of conservatives call the Tea Party........a group who you libs like to vilify.

Congress has a ~70% Disapproval Rating..........you can't be surprised about the turn over.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

Thoughts?

Really?

Name calling?

I expect better out of you.

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Peon Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
We are wanting to clean house on the right side of the isle...........how about y'all do the same on the left........or are you satisfied with your thieves in Washington???

We call this voter induced term limits and at least in this case it is being driven by a well organized group of conservatives call the Tea Party........a group who you libs like to vilify.

Congress has a ~70% Disapproval Rating..........you can't be surprised about the turn over.

Tbar
Care to answer his questions? As a Republican - your minority scares me. I am curious how nominating unelectable (obviously not in this case because it is Utah) candidates helps us?

Sam

The Trash Truck
96 CC F350 SRW - Built for SVO and mileage
Go Green - HotFox, Dual Heated Dahl 100s, Fuel Filter Coolant Wrap, ArcticFox
Go Fast - Hybrids, H2E, 6.0 IC, Fuelab, BTS 144.2/291.5 uncorrected

thanx
Rockin-S-Performance - Install, tech support, and advice
Diesel Innovations - Killer Deal on Parts
Tony Wildman/SWAMPS - Tuning
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM

I took a quick look at Sen. Bennett's voting record. He is not a constitutionalist, believes in redistribution of wealth and cares nothing about the people's rights. I say good riddance.

He likes farm subsidies, has voted against eliminating them and or capping them. He no voted on several important budget bills instead of taking a stand. Matter of fact he has had several NV in the last year on several major issues. Is he not capable of doing his job or is he working to appease both sides in an attempt to save his "career"?

The man refers to his service as his career. Isn't that enough?

Voted NO on regulating members of congress in regards to donations and lobbyists.

Voted no for an earmark moratorium.

He supported the Patriot ACT which infringes on many American's rights.

What reasons are there to re-elect this man?

Republican or Democrat, you promised to uphold the Constitution, it is time we hold their feet to the fire!

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie144 View Post
Care to answer his questions? As a Republican - your minority scares me. I am curious how nominating unelectable (obviously not in this case because it is Utah) candidates helps us?

Sam
Sam, surely you are no suggesting we just elect the lesser of the two evils. We have been doing this for decades and look at where it has gotten us.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Someone here please explain to me how having enough support to take the primary's doesn't show there are more people willing to vote for that person?

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Peon Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Someone here please explain to me how having enough support to take the primary's doesn't show there are more people willing to vote for that person?
It is based on how Utah does their elections. Very unique where a minority of the party can sway (as this is an example of) who can and cannot run in the general election. If it weren't a foregone conclusion that a Republican would be elected in Utah, I would have serious concerns for the party...

Sam

The Trash Truck

thanx
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Peon Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Sam, surely you are no suggesting we just elect the lesser of the two evils. We have been doing this for decades and look at where it has gotten us.
Yeah actually I am. I know ideally that isn't what we want - but as a realist I would much rather have a Republican who isn't a hard right than a Democrat. Although there are some centrist Democrats who I wouldn't mind voting for...

The really funny thing to me is the Tea Baggers who think they are going to elect people who are going to obey self-imposed term limits, who aren't going to accept special interest money, who aren't going to campaign for pork, etc...

Sam

The Trash Truck

thanx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode