Santa Clara County leading the way to more Nannies - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Santa Clara County leading the way to more Nannies

It’s a sad day for Happy Meals in Santa Clara County - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Happy Meal toys and other promotions that come with high-calorie children's meals will soon be banned in parts of Santa Clara County unless the restaurants meet nutritional guidelines approved Tuesday by the county Board of Supervisors.

"This ordinance prevents restaurants from preying on children's' love of toys" to sell high-calorie, unhealthful food, said Supervisor Ken Yeager, who sponsored the measure. "This ordinance breaks the link between unhealthy food and prizes."

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
RightWingNut

Re: Santa Clara County leading the way to more Nannies

I guess the parents are not capable of making dietary choices for their children........the kids are picking up the keys and driving the family to McDonalds.

Can't believe I am saying this but if you believe in sin taxes this might be an area of interest.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Parents should be responsible to make decisions for their kids, this is absurd, what is next pull candy sales at the movie theater for g rated movies? Maybe put some guards at the doors to the entrance of "Lion King 13" and maybe do a search for unhealthy snacks? But then those guards will obese profile and little johnny will get searched illegally because he looks fat, even though he might not be packing oreo's.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 03:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Why does chitty parenting result in new laws? It just doesnt make any sense

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...

WTF is wrong with this country? What happened to personal responsablity?

[CENTER]01 F-250 SC PSD,430k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, 230/100, Studs, 910 springs, Forged rods, Hydra chip, Swamps HVHF IDM, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 4" Revtek lift, 37/12.5/16.5 MT's
Joe
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Gandy Dancer

Pretty stupid ordinance if you ask me.

Of course, it's the people who live there that are affected (not any of us) and if they don't like it.........they can voice their displeasure at the voting booth.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselsmoke0204 View Post
Why does chitty parenting result in new laws? It just doesnt make any sense
It's more of that "humanitarian" thing. Worry more about others than yourself and you'll have everyone's problems fixed.

2008 F350 CCLB • Work in progress

'96 F250 ExCab 4x4
4" Exhaust • Tony Wildman Chip • Electric Fuel • 17* HPOP • Swamp's IDM • Tymar • 4" Lift • Smoked Headlights • 5000k HID's • Front End • 315/75R16 BFG All Terrains • Optima Red Tops
--Sold--

09' King Ranch Crew Cab Long Bed
--RIP--

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Junior Mint

Parents SHOULD be responsible for their kids diets' but they aren't even responsible for their own. Much less their children's.

This nation is digging itself a grave w/ a fork and knife.

If you believe in even the most basic nanny laws to encourage say less cigarette smoking, that logically opens the way for all of these nanny laws.

I think common sense dictates that our government should move the existing farm subsidies that are used to subsidize unhealthy products (i.e. cheap hormone filled corn fed beef, corn which ultimately becomes HFCS) to subsidize healthy products. That food products that are proven to kill human beings should be taxed to a measure equal to the medical bills they create. That means it should be less expensive to purchase your kid a sandwich w/ whole grain bread and fresh vegetables and a side of green beans than it cost for a happy meal.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:10 PM
PSN Veteran

But doing that very thing would in fact be going against the entire system of the universe. Natural selection, fate, what have you. People are going to do themselves in and they should have the rightful choice to do so if that is their intention for not being responsible for themselves. I don't see why we should try to prolong something that is inevitable.....Survival of the fittest, is it not?

2008 F350 CCLB • Work in progress

'96 F250 ExCab 4x4
4" Exhaust • Tony Wildman Chip • Electric Fuel • 17* HPOP • Swamp's IDM • Tymar • 4" Lift • Smoked Headlights • 5000k HID's • Front End • 315/75R16 BFG All Terrains • Optima Red Tops
--Sold--

09' King Ranch Crew Cab Long Bed
--RIP--

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Bigfoot is an OBS

If I was a business owner that fell under that, I'd pack up and move. If someone wants what I have to sell that much, they'll drive across the county to get it. And it increases the revenue of the counties that don't have such stupid laws.

Go ARMY!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode