Open Carry - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Open Carry

Some interesting reading....

Open-carry rally hinges on rights - Washington Post- msnbc.com

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Ford Blue Oval Guy

Re: Open Carry

This guy deserves a reward....glad to see somebody that is wanting to stand up against the system that is wanting to take away our guns.

Cory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F-250 XL

7.3 Turbo IDI, ZF5 speed, 220k miles, straight pipe
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
PSN Veteran

I kinda wish they wouldn't do that. To me, open carry is not "cool" and it really just raises flags that would be better left down. I love guns and our right to keep and bear arms, but I think having a huge open-carry rally in D.C. could backfire on all of us...

I also disagree with bringing guns into other political issues such as health care. I just think it shines a bad light on it all. I don't know. I have mixed emotions...

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Ford Blue Oval Guy

Well i misread the open carry part but the fact the guy was keeping his gun with him and loaded was all. Yea, now that i think about it the open carry thing could be a back fire.

Cory

F-250 XL

7.3 Turbo IDI, ZF5 speed, 220k miles, straight pipe
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of "Open Carry", but that's just my opinion..... Also one of the speakers was advocating throwing bricks through the windows of dems who voted for the Health Care bill. I'm not comfortable with that.

"On the lineup are several heroes of the militia movement, including Mike Vanderboegh, who advocated throwing bricks through the windows of Democrats who voted for the health-care bill"

It could definitly back fire though....

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Junior Mint

There is this giant disconnect between reality and what Faux News implies to their gullible watchers.

Obama has done NOTHING to infringe upon your gun rights. In fact he has allowed assault rifle bans to expire under his term.

The Brady Campaign (a lobbyist group that presses for more gun control) gives Obama an "F" for his handling of gun control laws.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...ear-report.pdf

Quit being suckers of the mega-corps sheeple. You are being lied to for the benefit of people much smarter and richer than you. Wake the #### up!

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Now don't bring logic into the argument..

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
There is this giant disconnect between reality and what Faux News implies to their gullible watchers.

Obama has done NOTHING to infringe upon your gun rights. In fact he has allowed assault rifle bans to expire under his term.

The Brady Campaign (a lobbyist group that presses for more gun control) gives Obama an "F" for his handling of gun control laws.

Quit being suckers of the mega-corps sheeple. You are being lied to for the benefit of people much smarter and richer than you. Wake the #### up!
The "assualt weapons ban" expired under Bush. There has been a push to reinstate it and Obama was asked for help to push Congress. No bans have expired under Obama.

Obama did sign into law the ability to carry into National Parks because it was attached to his CC bill.

There has been a push by organizations to restore our rights to carry firearms for years, this is nothing new.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

Obama has done NOTHING to infringe upon your gun rights. *EDITED for technical correction. My error.* The assault weapons ban expired under W.

Edited to correct my mistake. I was to quick to post and did not verify this tidbit of info as I should have.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
PSN Veteran

open carry for the sake of the rally in my mind is ok, I would question some of the leaders involved with the rally tho. and I don't advocate open carry on a regular basis, you want to conceal for advantage.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode