Way To Go Arizona......!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Way To Go Arizona......!!!

A victory for the heathen/knuckle dragging/Second Amendment Believing/States Rights/Conservatives.................hopefully more States will follow.

Quote:
Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

PHOENIX Favoring the constitutional right to bear arms over others' concerns about gun safety, Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill making Arizona the third state allowing people to carry a concealed weapon without requiring a permit.

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit - Yahoo! News
I am sure the liberal progressives and pseudo/centrist will be appalled.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Way To Go Arizona......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I am sure the liberal progressives and pseudo/centrist will be appalled.

Tbar
Can't comment on the "liberal/progressives' but, as far as this Centrist, you would be wrong.............again.

Of course it's a habit by now.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 PM
POWERSTROKEMIKE

ya hope calif does..

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 PM
got fuel?

What are the other 2 states?

97 250/95 motor, 400/300's, ts, swamps tuning,gen3, s475, Intercooled, h11 studs,a1000, built tranny. 3.55's, 237,xxx miles fastest non reg. cab obs [email protected] fuel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 explorer. dd
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 PM

No registration, no license, seems Arizona is starting to understand "shall not be infringed"

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

As an Arizonan WITH a CCW, this actually bothers me for a few reasons.

I honestly believe that the permit process WHEN I GOT MINE was just fine. I had to take and pass a 16 hour class that covered gun safety, legal issues, actually showing that you could operate the gun without killing yourself or someone around you, etc. I'm glad I live in a state that recognizes the 2nd Amendment, but I'm not really convinced this was the best thing to do.

In a time when this state has no money, can't balance the budget without threatening to raise the sales tax, can't seem to figure out how to locate and eliminate "waste" in government, etc...our legislature and governor deemed it necessary to spend our hard earned tax dollars debating this and other law changes that didn't really need to be made...WTF?

I believe that the number I saw for what the state brought in from CCW permits was $1.8million. That money went to the Arizona Department of Public Safety...I'm sure that the loss of a good portion of that revenue due to all of the people that won't bother with the now "optional" permit will somehow cost us in the form of fewer DPS officers on the streets or some other loss of services. Everyone is already cutting back...wooohooo, let's cause more public safety cuts after we've already spent pointless $ debating this in the legislature.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the 2nd amendment (funny that I wore my 2nd amendment shirt today even)...but at the same time I do believe that when it comes to firearms, particularly concealed ones, there should be some verification of some basic training and legal awareness. In a time when the costs of passing this (both the costs of tying up legislative time and the loss of revenue to DPS) really outweight the benefits, I find it disturbing that our elected officials have such terrible priorities.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

FWIW, there was at least one person in my CCW class that was not issued a permit. I overheard the conversation between the instructor and this person, and based on the absolute ineptitude this person showed in class I couldn't have agreed more. I was truly scared that they were going to pass him and give him a permit... This is one of the biggest VALUES of a professionally taught CCW class being required before a permit is issued.

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:36 AM

Other states that do not have training are not having problems with carriers needlessly or accidently killing themselves or others. Why do you think Arizona will be any different? If it is a feeling look at the facts.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 AM
PSN Local

In todays society i am a firm believer in testing to show responsibility and intelligence in opertating life alitering devices such as vehicles and guns. The leniency towards the laws baothers me. A drunk can get 2 dozen DWI's how? also with conceal and carry I did take a course and chose that after it wasnt the right time for me to be permitted because I didnt have a need to be carrying.

I have a associates in law enforcement and am from Mn. I have seen the left and the right come together in a pretty good fashion to come to decisions and even though I consider myself a conservative I fear slightly about the ignorance in other people being able to handle themselves in situations to be just given a right to carry without testing and schooling first.

I do however acknowledge the gun free zones are more prone to gun violence.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
............I fear slightly about the ignorance in other people being able to handle themselves in situations to be just given a right to carry without testing and schooling first.
If this was a just world.................the idiots would just shoot each other.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode