Are Americans Over Taxed............. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Are Americans Over Taxed.............

66% Say America Is Overtaxed.............

Quote:
When thinking about all the services provided by federal, state and local governments, 75% of voters nationwide say the average American should pay no more than 20% of their income in taxes. However, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that most voters (55%) believe the average American actually pays 30% or more of their income in taxes.

Sixty-six percent (66%) believe that America is overtaxed. Only 25% disagree.

Lower income voters are more likely than others to believe the nation is overtaxed.

Not surprisingly, the tax issue provokes a wide gap between the Political Class and Mainstream Americans. Eighty-one percent (81%) of Mainstream American voters believe the nation is overtaxed, while 74% of those in the Political Class disagree (see more about the Political Class and Mainstream Americans).

Eighty-one percent (81%) of Republicans believe the nation is overtaxed. So do 73% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Democrats are evenly divided on the question.

Among those who consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement, 96% believe the nation is overtaxed, and only one percent (1%) disagree.

These figures help explain why candidate Barack Obama promised to cut taxes for 95% of all Americans during Election 2008. Shortly after the election, Scott Rasmussen wrote a Wall Street Journal column noting how Obama won the White House by campaigning like Ronald Reagan. Currently, only eight percent (8%) believe their taxes will be cut during the Obama presidency, while 46% expect a tax hike.........

Read More Here
The defenders and apologists will be along in 3 - 2 - 1...........

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Are Americans Over Taxed.............

So why weren't you whining between 2000 and 2008 when our taxes kept being raised?

Oh yeah, you liked that guy.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Lovin Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
So why weren't you whining between 2000 and 2008 when our taxes kept being raised?

Oh yeah, you liked that guy.
How do you know if he did or didn't gripe about it then?

IF it wasn't an issue then for Tbar, but it is now, how does that make it any less relevant??

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BigD View Post
How do you know if he did or didn't gripe about it then?

IF it wasn't an issue then for Tbar, but it is now, how does that make it any less relevant??
I hated Bush for the over spending.

I loved him for the tax cuts.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:43 PM
PSN Veteran

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I hated Bush for the over spending.

I loved him for the tax cuts.

Tbar
Man, you must really hate Barry then seeing since he damn near quadrupled the deficit and has no plans on slowing down. Depression? Nahhhh, we will tax our way out of this mess!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

I am still mad as hell over paying exorbitant 1st quarter taxes today and with changes in the tax laws they are going even higher next year!!!

Most people don't sit down and figure up how much tax is being taken out of their checks every month.!!! I say we do away with payroll deductions and forced every tom, dick and harry to save and pay taxes on a quarterly basis.

We would have public lynchings of congress critters by a really pizzed off citizenry and fisical responsibility would be a MAJOR issue in every election!!!

Tbar

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 AM
hvac man

I have actually talked to people that say" I dont pay income taxes. I get money back every year." They have no clue the refund is because they overpaid!!!! Well, and I guess some get refunds when they dont even pay taxes but lets not go there. And just for the record I friggin hate any new taxes be it republican or democrat sponsored.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I am still mad as hell over paying exorbitant 1st quarter taxes today and with changes in the tax laws they are going even higher next year!!!

Most people don't sit down and figure up how much tax is being taken out of their checks every month.!!! I say we do away with payroll deductions and forced every tom, dick and harry to save and pay taxes on a quarterly basis.

We would have public lynchings of congress critters by a really pizzed off citizenry and fisical responsibility would be a MAJOR issue in every election!!!

Tbar
Ahhh, a self-employed guy. It's funny how people don't see $300-500 a week coming out of their checks as that big of a deal when they are left with $1500-2000 but if they got to pay the 7.8% that their employer gets to contribute for them that self employed people get to pay, plus the same weekly crap coming out of their check every week and had to write one check for $5-8k every three months, all a sudden it would be real money.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:01 AM

We track every tax we pay, if we can find it. This includes SS, Med-x, Income, Property, Fuel, FCC Fees, Sales, etc, etc. Right now 52% of my GROSS income is taxes. Now some will argue SS isn't a tax but it is taken from me unwillingly so it is a tax.

These people that THINK they are taxed at ONLY 30 percent are just dreaming.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode