help needed, my 15yr old daughter was caught high and admitted to cutting, - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

help needed, my 15yr old daughter was caught high and admitted to cutting,

I know this could be way more than what should be on here but I wanted to see if anyone knows much about cutting- I don't. My main concern is the cutting, but I have questions about pot too, she came home from a friends house today and jumped in the shower and didn't feel good-she doesn't usually shower in the afternoon so that was a red flag, then she was out like a light and my wife said that her eyes looked funny. So my wife confiscated her phone and found out she was high today and had a "terrible" trip- I have a very sensitive nose and could not smell pot on her clothes- she said she smoked it from a bowl- how strong would the odor be? could she get it out of her clothes? she was in a car when they were smoking. I have lots of questions and concerns and my head is spinning but we are having my wife sleep with her tonite and will be looking at counselors tomorrow. Prayers would be appreciated.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 AM
Banning Smut

Re: help needed, my 15yr old daughter was caught high and admitted to cutting,

Prayers sent. Hope it works out. Sorry I don't have anything other than that to offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

thanks

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Hater Club

I've never smoked pot....

I'm curious about the "terrible trip". Only thing terrible about weed was getting a bag full of seeds.

Porch Monkey. It's cool, I'm taking it back.
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Hater Club

I would just talk to her. CALMLY.

Is this the first time? Just curiosity is no need for counseling, just parenting. But you and your wife, need to make that decision. Just don't jump off the deep end.

post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 AM
PSN Veteran

The smell gets out of your clothes pretty quick. It doesn't stick like tabacco smoke.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the pot. But the cutting I would address. I would make her comfortable and talk to her about it for a while.
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
I've never smoked pot....

I'm curious about the "terrible trip". Only thing terrible about weed was getting a bag full of seeds.
my concern is that she didn't get high on pot- is it possible to hide the smell of smoked pot? I'm worried, she took something like meth, or crack- but 6hours later she seemed pretty normal- like not high and was hungry at 10pm which seemed like the munchies to me? idk tho.

Quote:
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Not good problems to have to deal with, I'm sure you want answers right now, and I can't help with you with that at the second. My wife is in health issues like this and is out of town at a conference at the CDC. I will copy this and send it to her via email and PM you back when she responds. It isn't what she works with now but her last job before she got promoted was just what you are talking about and now she oversees programs that address these issues. If she doesn't have the answer you are looking for, she can defiantly point you in the right direction.

Best of luck, not that it means much at this point.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Hater Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedge8 View Post
my concern is that she didn't get high on pot- is it possible to hide the smell of smoked pot? I'm worried, she took something like meth, or crack- but 6hours later she seemed pretty normal- like not high and was hungry at 10pm which seemed like the munchies to me? idk tho.
Yes, and no. Habitual usage is hard to hide. "Once in awhile" is hard to detect. I wouldn't worry too much about the weed. Seriously.

Address the cutting.

post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
I would just talk to her. CALMLY.

Is this the first time? Just curiosity is no need for counseling, just parenting. But you and your wife, need to make that decision. Just don't jump off the deep end.
We did talk calmly- I'm not as worried about the pot as I am about the cutting- we will be getting a professional involved as our ability to talk to her openly is limited (she doesn't want to talk to us)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinj427 View Post
The smell gets out of your clothes pretty quick. It doesn't stick like tabacco smoke.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the pot. But the cutting I would address. I would make her comfortable and talk to her about it for a while.
well ok on the smell I just wasn't sure.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode