Guberment Involvement at its best - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Guberment Involvement at its best

I have had VOIP service since 2000, Vonage since 2005.

Until recently the only taxes were Regulatory Recovery fee of $1.50 & FET of $.75. This was on a price of $17.99. That equates to 12.5% tax.

Fast forward to today.

$17.99 service
$1.49 Regulatory & Compliance Fee
$1.49 Emergency 911 Fee
$1.99 Federal Program Fee
$1.61 Sales Tax
$1.50 County 911 Fee

SO 44.9% tax for my phone service. When does it stop??? Time to move on and find a different phone service I guess.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Re: Guberment Involvement at its best

Could this be part of the cause? I paid $1800 to have a phone line ran to our house. Why shouldn't these people pay for their service?

$13,000 per line.

Phones in remote Washington come at high cost - Yahoo! News

Quote:
About 20 telephone lines were eventually installed at a cost of $13,000 per line a year — all paid for by the federal government
Not by the Feds, paid for by you & I.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
<< Very Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
Could this be part of the cause? I paid $1800 to have a phone line ran to our house. Why shouldn't these people pay for their service?

$13,000 per line.

Phones in remote Washington come at high cost - Yahoo! News

Not by the Feds, paid for by you & I.
Makes me sick to my stomach but its a sad fact of life living in the good old USA

You can't have everything....where would you put it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

250/173 Injectors
TS Chip with TW tunes
4 inch smoker
38R
AFE intake
etc
etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
All done now

When I was growing up, we built a house on a piece of ground out in the sticks. The phone company and the electric company both brought the service to us. The electric company brought it out before we even started building. Put in a temporary box with no meter, that way we had power to build the house with. When we finished, we called them up to put a meter in. It took them three months to get us a meter, no charge for electricity till then. Did not cost us a dime to get the phone or the power to the house. Course we did have a five party line, there is always a down side.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode