Shouldn't he be fined for lying? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Shouldn't he be fined for lying?

It’s official: Obama is black - White House- msnbc.com

My Census stated it was illegal to not answer truthfully.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:07 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Shouldn't he be fined for lying?

Who cares?

There's way more news worthy stuff and more important issues than this.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Who cares?

There's way more news worthy stuff and more important issues than this.
You are right but shouldn't the leader abide by the request?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:20 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
You are right but shouldn't the leader abide by the request?
I don't see how he didn't.

Technically, he can choose White, Black, or mixed race. He picked black. He's not required to disclose that he's a mixed race.

Just like guys here on this forum professing to choose "other", then write in American. Somehow that's more patriotic? Do you propose that they be fined too? Shouldn't we include all of our races? I didn't see a spot on the form to pick that I'm a mix of Irish, French, and German. Should I be fined?

Maybe he picked that in past census years, and didn't want to change the answer? Maybe he feels like he is more African American than Caucasian because he has an African American wife, and mostly African American children.

Or maybe it's way overblown. A white man just has to put down that he's caucasian, and doesn't have to disclose what he's a mix of. Yet you have a single drop of black in you (the "one drop rule"), and you have to disclose everything that's mixed in. Can you see the hypocrisy in that approach?

This entire thread sounds like Jim Crow era all over again. It's sad. There's more important issues in the world to deal with than turning back time 100 years and playing hooded cross burners all over again.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

HEY that is what I have been saying all along but yet you defended the question in another thread.

Race shouldn't matter so why is it even asked?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:51 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
HEY that is what I have been saying all along but yet you defended the question in another thread.

Race shouldn't matter so why is it even asked?
Exactly, race shouldn't matter. So what's the big deal about what Obama checked on his census form?

I'm not changing positions, you're just trying to twist my words around. Your title of the thread suggests that Obama lied on his census form and should be punished. My stance is still the same: who cares about race?

Who cares what Obama put on the census form?

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

But in another thread you were critizing those that "felt" they should answer it a certain way.

Either we need an accurate accounting or we don't. Either a person can answer how they best "feel" or they can answer it accurately.

There is a place for you to put down your race for each and every person. You could have written in your exact race if you were so inclined.

Should I alienate my Korean daughter (adopted) and answer her race correctly or is it ok for me to group her in with our "bunch"?

I have no problem with anyone answering the Census any way they see fit BUT no one should lecture anyone on the correct way to feel out a Census.

We have spent countless public money on trying to educate the people for a complete and accurate census.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:22 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Just like guys here on this forum professing to choose "other", then write in American.
I did exactly that.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:51 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
But in another thread you were critizing those that "felt" they should answer it a certain way.
I was criticizing people having a hissy fit about the census form. Was VERY obvious in that thread. Here, I'll even post a link so everyone can read it from beginning to end:

When the Census takers come to your place... - Powerstroke Nation

Quote:
Either we need an accurate accounting or we don't. Either a person can answer how they best "feel" or they can answer it accurately.
At least they're answering, and not freaking out about it. I personally don't care if race isn't 100% accurately filled out. What is strange is how people go nuts around census time, planning all this crazy crap about not filling it out, threatening census workers, etc.... yet when a half black man doesn't put down that he's a mixed race, they want to fine him and punish him.

Makes zero sense to me.

Quote:
There is a place for you to put down your race for each and every person. You could have written in your exact race if you were so inclined.
Yes, there is. So should I be fined because I didn't do that? I simply checked caucasian.

Quote:
Should I alienate my Korean daughter (adopted) and answer her race correctly or is it ok for me to group her in with our "bunch"?
That is entirely your decision, just like it's entirely Obama's decision to check whatever race he deems fitting for him and his family.

Quote:
I have no problem with anyone answering the Census any way they see fit BUT no one should lecture anyone on the correct way to feel out a Census.
After reading this sentence, I have to scratch my head and wonder why you even started this thread in the first place.

Quote:
We have spent countless public money on trying to educate the people for a complete and accurate census.
So what is "accurate" to you?

Well first, define "African American". Let's see, most African American's in this country who are descendants from slaves are part white. Yep, that's right, part white. A majority of African Americans have some white ancestry. It was very common for slave owners to have a black mistress, and for that mistress to bear children who were mixed race. Yet those descendants to this day check "African American" as their race. Hmmmm, well Obama is also a mixed race, half African, half Caucasian, so technically his answer of "African American" would be 100% correct, given the history of our country and the common usage of that race category.

In addition, the definition of an "African American" or "black person" used on the census was defined in 1977, with the term African American chosen in 1997. A person is an African American if "a person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa". Well, again Obama fits that description. So his answer would be accurate based on that definition.

Do you care to argue more technicalities of Obama's answer? Or would you just rather understand that it's blown out of proportion, and it's equivalent to tabloid news at best? The point is..... who cares? How Obama answered the race question has no effect whatsoever on you, me, or anyone else.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehunter View Post
I did exactly that.
That's fine. I was also tempted to do that as well. Would be nice when one day we didn't care about race at all.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode