Caterpiller Economy.....Fall Out From Obama-Care - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Caterpiller Economy.....Fall Out From Obama-Care

Caterpillar Economy.....Fall Out From Obama-Care

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: Catipiller Economy.....Fall Out From Obama-Care

So Tbar is now a liberal.

Let me get this straight.... a major corporation is being SUBSIDIZED by the government, and has been since 2003. Funny, right-wingers are totally against government subsidies of corporations, or any government interference in the private sector.

Yet here we have a self-proclaimed right-winger, Tbar, who is now mad that Cat is losing their government subsidy, and is calling it "fall out" from Obama's health care plan.

Sounds to me like Tbar is actually a flaming liberal in disguise.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 AM
--------

Re: Caterpiller Economy.....Fall Out From Obama-Care

Truth be told, the subsidy goes to the benefit of the retirees. Which gives me an additional reason not to like subsidies.

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Like I said in the other thread, if it is a subsidy and you pay taxes, your paying for it. If the subsidy is cut, the product price goes up, guess what, you pay for that too. There is no free lunch

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 AM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Like I said in the other thread, if it is a subsidy and you pay taxes, your paying for it. If the subsidy is cut, the product price goes up, guess what, you pay for that too. There is no free lunch
Correctamundo.

What I do find funny is the Tea Party movement is against government subsidies and handouts. Yet some of those same Tea Party members are now against cutting subsidies for Caterpillar.

I don't get it? I would have expected that most people on the right would be all for this.

*and I did say "some", not "all" Tea Party members.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 05:07 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
I don't get it? I would have expected that most people on the right would be all for this.
It's long past using common sense.

It's now all about................................. 'Us' vs 'Them'.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Correctamundo.

What I do find funny is the Tea Party movement is against government subsidies and handouts. Yet some of those same Tea Party members are now against cutting subsidies for Caterpillar.

*and I did say "some", not "all" Tea Party members.

some of the tea party people are just some racicals and do stupid stuff. but the rest of em are correct
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:40 PM

All of these subsidies, accounting practices and tax laws show why we need a complete tax law overhaul. Why in the world am I paying taxes to subsidize Cats, AT&Ts, and others health care costs?

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
PSN Veteran

Either way, subsidizes or not, we would be paying for these people, you guys get that right? If CAT gets the sub's from the government, then they just stay on CATs healthcare and CAT pays for them through the subsidizes. If CAT doesn't get the subs, then they go on Medicare and the government pays for it, i.e. taxpayers. Either way, it is taxpayer money

Andy
2000 F350, Dually, 6speed, Flatbed, snow plow - Work Truck / Tow Pig

01 Silver PSD, lifted, roof rack, winch, snorkel- SOLD

03 Jetta TDI- DD

1999 Jeep Cherokee, lifted, locked, etc....
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsRumors View Post
All of these subsidies, accounting practices and tax laws show why we need a complete tax law overhaul. Why in the world am I paying taxes to subsidize Cats, AT&Ts, and others health care costs?
So do you drive on roads? Ever see them being repaved with Cat or JD equipment? What happens to the costs to get those roads repaired when the companies doing the work have to pay an extra $10-15k for a piece of equipment? What cell phone service do you have? AT&T, or ever travel through an area that is controlled by AT&T towers? How about your home phone, any of the calls you make go through AT&T lines? What happens to your rates? Granted, it might only be a few pennies per minute, but let's say that there are 150 million that actually pay taxes so even if it turns out that AT&T is losing 1 billion in tax dollars, what is your cut? $6.66 granted that number would change depending on your tax bracket, could be as low as $2 or maybe as high as $12, either way how long would it take to get to the same point at a few extra cents on ever minute your on the phone? We won't even take into account that these people would be thrown on the medicare system if the company just said f'it and dropped the program. It would just raise their profit levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselsmoke0204 View Post
Either way, subsidizes or not, we would be paying for these people, you guys get that right? If CAT gets the sub's from the government, then they just stay on CATs healthcare and CAT pays for them through the subsidizes. If CAT doesn't get the subs, then they go on Medicare and the government pays for it, i.e. taxpayers. Either way, it is taxpayer money
We have a winner!

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode