55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill..... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill.....

Just before the House of Representatives passed sweeping health care legislation last Sunday, 41% of voters nationwide favored the legislation while 54% were opposed. Now that President Obama has signed the legislation into law, most voters want to see it repealed.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey, conducted on the first two nights after the president signed the bill, shows that 55% favor repealing the legislation. Forty-two percent (42%) oppose repeal. Those figures include 46% who Strongly Favor repeal and 35% who Strongly Oppose it.

In terms of Election 2010, 52% say they’d vote for a candidate who favors repeal over one who does not. Forty-one percent (41%) would cast their vote for someone who opposes repeal..........

READ MORE HERE

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: 55% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill.....

I'll see your poll........and raise you one.

Gallup Poll (click here)

Quote:
Good thing = 49%
Bad thing = 40%

The findings, from a March 22 USA Today/Gallup poll conducted one day after the bill received a majority of votes in the U.S. House of Representatives, represent immediate reactions to the vote.

Americans' emotional responses to the bill's passage are more positive than negative -- with 50% enthusiastic or pleased versus 42% angry or disappointed -- and are similar to their general reactions.

Although much of the public debate over healthcare reform has been heated, barely a third of rank-and-file citizens express either enthusiasm (15%) or anger (19%) about the bill's passage. However, only Democrats show greater enthusiasm than anger. Independents are twice as likely to be angry as enthusiastic, and Republicans 10 times as likely.
I guess it just goes to show, that polls can be misleading and too much is dependent on who is polled and the way the questions are worded.

And I'll bet that as time goes on, it will be seen even more favorably than now.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Junior Mint

The Conservatives have been widely quoting a poll that says a majority of Americans don't want THIS Healthcare Reform Bill.

What they fail to mention of course is that a significant portion of those against the current bill want a MORE LIBERAL AND INCLUSIVE bill. They want the bill, and then some!

Regardless of what FAUX News likes to lie about a majority of the nation does in fact want Healthcare reform. This is fact.

Now that some type of Nationalized Healthcare (actually it's nothing more than some controls on the private insurance sector and financial assistance for those that can not afford it) will be the norm it will be every bit as acceptable as say Medicare or the VA and in just a few short years it will be political suicide to even suggest getting rid of it.

A few random thoughts:

The parallels to the enactment of Medicare are striking. Repubs were wrong then as well. I don't see Republicans attempting to repeal those programs and the USA didn't come crashing down then either as many Repubs predicted 40 years ago. Well, at least not because of Medicare.

Yes the government programs are currently under funded and running out of cash. But they still contain cost and growth better than the private sector. If they had the same money per patient (age adjusted of course) as the private sector they would be making money, just like the private sector.

By 2012 50% of Americans (because of the Baby Boomers aging) were going to be on some sort of Nationalized healthcare even if this program was not passed. I'd suggest Republicans attack the big carrot and try to repeal Medicare and the VA program. Let me know how that goes.

FAUX News likes to quote the cost of the bill. Well yes healthcare costs. They forget to mention that the amount quoted is still 1 trillion LESS (over 10 years) than if they did nothing at all as determined by the Congressional Budgetary office staffed by both parties. It is still a net savings.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
All done now

87.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot to favor what the person doing the talking wants.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
87.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot to favor what the person doing the talking wants.
You're wrong.

It's 94.875%.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
You're wrong.

It's 94.875%.

Split the difference. Call it 91.09%

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
BRING DA AMBALAMPS

60% of the time, it works every time...

2005 CC FX4...compounds and everything else that goes with em.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Sponsor

2000 EX, fuel, air, and heat.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Split the difference. Call it 91.09%
Dat's kewl.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I'll see your poll........and raise you one.

Gallup Poll (click here)

I guess it just goes to show, that polls can be misleading and too much is dependent on who is polled and the way the questions are worded.

And I'll bet that as time goes on, it will be seen even more favorably than now.
You seriously want to use a USA Today poll? Come on Gandy that would be like using an MSNBC Poll or a Fox news poll (I threw the Fox one in for you so you didn't have to reply to it)

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode