God’s Amazing Hands - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

God’s Amazing Hands

May 17 | Bible in a Year: 1 Chronicles 1-3; John 5:25-47

God’s Amazing Hands

Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.
Psalm 31:5
READ PSALM 31:1–8

Twenty minutes into a flight from New York to San Antonio, the flight plan changed as calm gave way to chaos. When one of the plane’s engines failed, debris from the engine smashed through a window causing the cabin to decompress. Sadly, several passengers were injured and one person was killed. Had not a calm, capable pilot been in the cockpit—one trained as a Navy fighter pilot—things could have been tragically worse. The headline in our local paper read, “In Amazing Hands.”

In Psalm 31, David revealed that he knew something about the Lord’s amazing, caring hands. That’s why he could confidently say, “Into your hands I commit my spirit” (v. 5). David believed that the Lord could be trusted even when life got bumpy. Because he was targeted by unfriendly forces, life was very uncomfortable for David. Though vulnerable, he was not without hope. In the midst of harassment David could breathe sighs of relief and rejoice because his faithful, loving God was his source of confidence (vv. 5-7).
Perhaps you find yourself in a season of life when things are coming at you from every direction, and it’s difficult to see what’s ahead. In the midst of uncertainty, confusion, and chaos one thing remains absolutely certain: those who are secure in the Lord are in amazing hands.
By Arthur Jackson

REFLECT & PRAY
Father, help me to be encouraged knowing that Jesus prayed Psalm 31:5 when He was on the cross. In the midst of pain and suffering, He committed His life into Your hands.

Have you committed your life—your earthly and eternal existence and well-being—to God? How are you showing that you are trusting Him in good times and bad?

Your gift changes lives. Help us share God’s love with millions every day.
SUPPORT

SCRIPTURE INSIGHT
David wrote Psalm 31 when he was in grave danger because of persecution (vv. 4, 13). His close friends had abandoned him (vv. 11-12), leaving him to fend for himself against his enemies. David affirmed that his only protection and safety were in God, his refuge, rock, and fortress (vv. 1-2). Twice David affirmed his unwavering faith and trust in God: “I trust in the LORD” (vv. 6, 14). Whether he lived or died, David committed his life to God for safekeeping: “Into your hands I commit my spirit” (v. 5). Years later, Jesus was similarly conspired against (John 11:53) and His friends deserted Him (Mark 14:50). While on the cross, Jesus prayed the same prayer of trust: “Into your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46). K. T. Sim

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode