Serving the Smallest - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Serving the Smallest

April 24 | Bible in a Year: 2 Samuel 19-20; Luke 18:1-23

Serving the Smallest

God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things.
1 Corinthians 1:28
READ LUKE 14:15–23

The video showed a man kneeling beside a busy freeway during an out-of-control brush fire. He was clapping his hands and pleading with something to come. What was it? A dog? Moments later a bunny hopped into the picture. The man scooped up the scared rabbit and sprinted to safety.
How did the rescue of such a small thing make national news? That’s why. There’s something endearing about compassion shown to the least of these. It takes a big heart to make room for the smallest creature.

Jesus said the kingdom of God is like a man who gave a banquet and made room for everyone who was willing to come. Not just the movers and shakers but also “the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame” (Luke 14:21). I’m thankful that God targets the weak and the seemingly insignificant, because otherwise I’d have no shot. Paul said, “God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things . . . so that no one may boast before him” (1 Corinthians 1:27-29).

How big must God’s heart be to save a small person like me! In response, how large has my heart grown to be? I can easily tell, not by how I please the “important people,” but by how I serve the ones society might deem the least important.
By Mike Wittmer

REFLECT & PRAY
God, as Your servants please help us to value others the way You do, regardless of who they are or what they do.
What types of people do you have a hard time valuing? In what ways might God want you to change that?

Your gift changes lives. Help us share God’s love with millions every day.
SUPPORT

INSIGHT
The Bible uses the banquet or feast metaphor to symbolize God’s offer of salvation to the world. Isaiah proclaimed that “the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples” (25:6). Luke uses the metaphor of a man who invited guests to “a great banquet” (14:16-17). Matthew likens it to the week-long celebratory “wedding banquet” for the king’s son (22:2). John speaks of a “wedding supper of the Lamb” (Revelation 19:9), where believers from every nation will gather to celebrate God’s final salvation. They will come “from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob” (Matthew 8:11). “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God” (Luke 14:15). K. T. Sim

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode