Whats Good For The Goose.......... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Whats Good For The Goose..........

What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.......right???

Quote:
GOP wants Obama to enroll in Obamacare

As the Senate grinds through 20 hours of debate on the health care reconciliation bill, Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Tuesday night offered an amendment that would require the president, vice-president, members of Congress, political appointees and congressional staff to get their federal health benefits through the soon-to-be-created health insurance exchanges.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:
GOP wants Obama to enroll in Obamacare | Washington Examiner

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:02 PM
<-- it's like that

Re: Whats Good For The Goose..........

So only now the GOP wants to do this?

Give me a break. That's called pandering. Why didn't they try this a year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago? Maybe if the President and members of congress enrolled in the same health care system that we have been a part of, they might have actually paid more attention to reforms.

Too little too late for me. Screw the democrats for passing such worthless legislation, and screw the republicans for doing an absolutely piss poor job of stopping it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM

This should have been part of the plan from the get go. A good "leader" would show the masses the way. I never ask any of my techs to do a job I haven't already done prior and they know this.

Both sides of the isle should have been more than willing to make this part of the plan to begin with but instead they both have a do as I say not as I do mentality.

If the repubes had done their job in the past we wouldn't have these issues today.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Powerstroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post

Give me a break. That's called pandering. Why didn't they try this a year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago?
Grassley had been trying to get that on the bill for the past few months. I'll see if I can find the links that had been sent to me a few months ago

97 F250 CCSB
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:

Give me a break. That's called pandering. Why didn't they try this a year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago? Maybe if the President and members of congress enrolled in the same health care system that we have been a part of, they might have actually paid more attention to reforms.

Too little too late for me. Screw the democrats for passing such worthless legislation, and screw the republicans for doing an absolutely piss poor job of stopping it.
For someone that always is informed, you aren't on this one. Grassley has been pushing for this ever since the whole debate pretty much started last summer. I'm from Iowa and this was in the news here last summer, just FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Grassley had been trying to get that on the bill for the past few months. I'll see if I can find the links that had been sent to me a few months ago
Since last summer

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 AM
--------

Quote:

They didn't try this for the last 3 years because we didn't have Obamacare for those years. We weren't forced into a specific health system like we are now. We could choose how we participated in our health care, including not to participate at all.

Now we're forced into a system that most don't want. But some people were able to exempt themselves. (You can guess who they are.) The Republicans simply want everyone to be forced into the same system. I agree.

But let me see if I have this correct...you're angry because the Republicans are trying to change something about the health care system that you agree should be changed, but your also angry because they didn't kill the bill. So which do you prefer, taking action or rolling over?

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
For someone that always is informed, you aren't on this one. Grassley has been pushing for this ever since the whole debate pretty much started last summer. I'm from Iowa and this was in the news here last summer, just FYI
Pocket is not what he appears here....and does not know everything...but he is the great pretender.....and progressive.......

1997 F250 PSD

"It's not a gun-free zone if you get shot while you're there"
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampRat View Post
Pocket is not what he appears here....and does not know everything...but he is the great pretender.....and progressive.......
If it looks like a..........oh never mind. Not worth the effort.

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampRat View Post
No one knows everything.

And I think Pocket is exactly what he appears.

Intelligent, articulate and willing to go to great depth to explain his position.

I can see why you're jealous.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
<-- it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
Only last summer, and only because the health care legislation was really catching on in Washington.

Why not before that? That's what I'm asking. Why wasn't this proposed years ago? Why wasn't it proposed before politicians started with healthcare overhaul. Put Washington on the same system as us, then let them work on re-inventing it. I bet we would have had completely different legislation.

But thanks for not picking up on that, hoss.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode