When You’re Not Chosen - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

When You’re Not Chosen

March 5 | Bible in a Year: Numbers 34-36; Mark 9:30-50

When You’re Not Chosen

Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias.
Acts 1:26
READ ACTS 1:15–26

My friend’s Facebook post announced he had finished a project. Others congratulated him, but his post knifed my heart. That project was supposed to be mine. I had been passed over, and I wasn’t sure why.

Poor Joseph. He was passed over by God, and he knew why. Joseph was one of two men in the running to replace Judas. The disciples prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen” (Acts 1:24). God chose the other guy. Then He announced His decision to the group, when “the lot fell to Matthias” (v. 26).

As the disciples congratulated Matthias, I wonder about Joseph. How did he handle his rejection? Did he feel jilted, wallow in self-pity, and distance himself from the others? Or did he trust God and cheerfully remain in a supportive role?
I know which option is best. And I know which option I’d want to take. How embarrassing! If you don’t want me, fine. Let’s see how you do without me. That choice might feel better, but only because it’s selfish.

Joseph isn’t mentioned again in Scripture, so we don’t know how he reacted. More relevant is how we respond when we’re not chosen. May we remember that Jesus’s kingdom matters more than our success, and may we joyfully serve in whatever role He selects.
By Mike Wittmer

REFLECT & PRAY
Father, as long as I can serve in Your kingdom, it doesn’t matter how or where.
How do you feel when you’re not chosen or are left out? How could your attitude be hindering you from seeing God’s direction for your life?

Your gift changes lives. Help us share God’s love with millions every day.
SUPPORT

INSIGHT
In Acts 1:15-26, Matthias is selected to replace Judas’s position in the Twelve—symbolically pointing to God’s restoration of His people into a “new Israel” ( Luke 22:30). Although the Psalms alluded to (69:25 and 109:8) originally referred to David’s enemies, Peter saw a deeper meaning—the ultimate betrayal by Judas. Still, Peter’s own betrayal and restoration couldn’t have been far from his mind. Matthias’s name (“gift of God”) points to grace even deeper than the gravest sin. Monica Brands

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode