Quiet Awe - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quiet Awe

February 24 | Bible in a Year: Numbers 9-11; Mark 5:1-20

Quiet Awe

How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.
Psalm 104:24
READ PSALM 104:10–24

My life often feels frenzied and hectic. I hurry from one appointment to the next, returning phone calls and checking items off my seemingly infinite to-do list while on my way. Out of sheer exhaustion one Sunday, I collapsed into the hammock in our backyard. My phone was inside, as were my children and husband. At first I planned to sit for just a moment or two, but in the undistracted stillness, I began to notice things that invited me to linger longer. I could hear the creak of the hammock swinging gently, the buzz of a bee in the nearby lavender, and the flap of a bird’s wings overhead. The sky was a brilliant blue, and the clouds moved on the wind.

I found myself moved to tears in response to all God had made. When I slowed long enough to take in the many wonderful things within my eyesight and earshot, I was stirred to worship in gratitude for God’s creative power. The writer of Psalm 104 was equally humbled by the work of God’s hands, noting “you fill the earth with the fruit of your labor” (v. 13 NLT).
In the midst of a harried life, a quiet moment can remind us of God’s creative might! He surrounds us with evidence of His power and tenderness; He made both the high mountains and branches for birds. “In wisdom [He] made them all” (v. 24).
By Kirsten Holmberg

REFLECT & PRAY
We are surrounded by God’s creative power.
Lord, Your creation amazes me. You made all things through Your limitless power, inviting us to enjoy the beauty You’ve surrounded us with. Help me to notice Your works and worship You in quiet moments.

Your gift changes lives. Help us share God’s love with millions every day.
SUPPORT

INSIGHT
In Psalm 104 the singer declares the power, greatness, and wonder of Israel’s God—a common theme in the psalms. In fact, Psalm 104 begins with the same refrain as Psalm 103: “Praise the LORD, my soul.” But, while much of Psalm 104 echoes other songs of praise, a feature that sets this song apart is that it’s two-directional in nature. The singer alternates between addressing God personally (the “you” sections, vv. 1-2, 24-30) and singing to the congregation about God (the “he” sections, vv. 3-23, 31-35). The psalmist praises God, while inviting his listeners—us among them—to join in! Bill Crowder

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode