Deeper Love - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Deeper Love

February 1 | Bible in a Year: Exodus 27-28; Matthew 21:1-22

Deeper Love

God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8
READ 1 PETER 4:7–11

When they first met, Edwin Stanton snubbed US president Abraham Lincoln personally and professionally—even referring to him as a “long-armed creature.” But Lincoln appreciated Stanton’s abilities and chose to forgive him, eventually appointing Stanton to a vital cabinet position during the Civil War. Stanton later grew to love Lincoln as a friend. It was Stanton who sat by Lincoln’s bed throughout the night after the president was shot at Ford’s Theater and whispered through tears on his passing, “Now he belongs to the ages.”

Reconciliation is a beautiful thing. The apostle Peter pointed followers of Jesus there when he wrote, “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins” (1 Peter 4:8). Peter’s words cause me to wonder if he was thinking of his own denial of Jesus (Luke 22:54–62) and the forgiveness Jesus offered him (and us) through the cross.

The deep love Jesus demonstrated through His death on the cross frees us from the debt for our sins and opens the way for our reconciliation with God (Colossians 1:19–20). His forgiveness empowers us to forgive others as we realize we can’t forgive in our own strength and ask Him to help us. When we love others because our Savior loves them and forgive because He has forgiven us, God gives us strength to let go of the past and walk forward with Him into beautiful new places of grace.
By James Banks

REFLECT & PRAY
The forgiveness of God is the test by which I myself am judged. Oswald Chambers

Your gift changes lives. Help us share God’s love with millions every day.
SUPPORT

INSIGHT
You might think today’s reading is merely a list of commands Peter expects his readers to embrace. However, the statements in verse 11 are written in the form of urging or encouragement. This is evident by the beginning phrase “if anyone.” The challenges to those who speak (teach and preach) and to those who serve describe how these things are to be done—with confidence. The one who speaks is to speak with assurance that the message reflects the heart and mind of God, and the one who serves does so knowing that God’s strength will supply all that is needed for the task at hand. The result of such reliance? “That in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”

For further study, see Knowing God Through 1 Peter at discoveryseries.org/sb242. Bill Crowder

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode