One Honest Congressman............. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
RightWingNut

One Honest Congressman.............

Dem Congressman: "If You Don't Tie Our Hands, We Will Keep Stealing"

RealClearPolitics - Video - Dem Congressman: "If You Don't Tie Our Hands, We Will Keep Stealing"

Tbar

Ignore narcissistic trolls.......without an audience they shrivel up and go way.....!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:24 AM
<-- it's like that

Re: One Honest Congressman.............

You know what.... he's absolutely right.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Anybody in the private sector tried 95% of the crap the people in gov't pull and we would be looking at 15/25 in the big house.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Gandy Dancer

I agree.

And it applies to most of them..............regardless of the party!

The biggest step we should take, IMHO, is to go in the opposite direction of the recent asinine ruling by the SCOTUS................. in regards to campaign funds.

You have to ask yourself, why anyone would spend millions, upon millions (even if it's not all out of their own pocket)...............to get a job that pays $160K to 200K a year.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I agree.

The biggest step we should take, IMHO, is to go in the opposite direction of the recent asinine ruling by the SCOTUS................. in regards to campaign funds.

You have to ask yourself, why anyone would spend millions, upon millions (even if it's not all out of their own pocket)...............to get a job that pays $160K to 200K a year.
So you can award you spouse in contracting multi-million dollar contracts, duh

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider944 View Post
So you can award you spouse in contracting multi-million dollar contracts, duh
Of course!

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
I agree.

At some point or another it applies to ALL of them.

While I disagree with the SCOTUS ruling it was the only decision they could make. Are you aware certain corporate organizations could already make unlimited contributions? This just leveled the playing field for ALL organizations.

Now, my personal feelings and beliefs are that corporations have no rights protected rights under the Bill of Rights. These were to protect INDIVIDUAL rights, none of which are violated when censuring corporations.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Gandy Dancer

No, it wasn't the "only decision" they could make.

It was a 5 to 4 decision made along party leanings.

Read the dissenting opinion.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 02:16 PM

So it would have been better to continue to allow some organizations to dump unlimited funds into campaigns while keeping others censored?

I have read the entire case along with the decision and dissenting opinion. I do believe it was the only logical decision that could be made based upon the case that was brought in front of the Court.

If one organization can dump unlimited funds into campaigns then all organizations should. Again though I feel NO corporate organizations should be dumping money into elections.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
hvac man

Hey Andy, I disagree with you on most everything but I will admit you can look at alot of things from a more objective view point. You would make a great conservative if you ever were to wake up fully........I'm just sayin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode