Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: More on Health Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
This guy has it right-
Agreed.

2000 F350 PSD, 4X4, CC, LB, 6-speed/ PHP Tuning /1.0 Turbo (no wastegate) with WW/ 4" turbo back exhaust/ AIS Intake with fender sleeve/ Isspro EV gauges/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM

Oh he can't be right. The federal guberment making decisions on cancer issues and how much treatment you can have sounds to much like a death panel. It has already been "proven" that is not going to happen.

/sarcasm

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Gandy Dancer

Many (most?) insurance companies already have a 'lifetime benefits' clause.

Same thing.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 PM

But not based upon a particular disease, or at least that I know of. A $3m life time is a $3m life time whether your chances are good or bad.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 AM
PSN Veteran

I like Mr. Rogers enthusiasm and commitment. Also great to see him pull information from the years when this country was founded. Founded by patriots and individuals like that man sad they were innovators. Oh shnap...this thread was by pappy we both like the same video.

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:34 AM
<-- it's like that

Was that a dog that ran behind him towards the end?

Ok, I'll give props to Rogers for speaking up like he did, but IMO I think he missed a bigger opportunity. He spent his time making accusations and railing against the democrat's health care bill, but did not once offer any suggestions for alternative solutions. He spoke about how there are more opportunities to fix health care, but he never offered a single one himself in that speech. Sadly, in the end that's what's happening overall in Washington. Each side will gladly slam the other party's proposals, yet really have nothing constructive to add or offer much in terms of real solutions for anything. So for that, nothing was really accomplished in that speech. If you're going to point out faults in the bill, that's fine, great, do it. But don't just leave it at that, because in the end no one will listen if you don't add something constructive, or offer alternative ideas for people to consider.

That's my take on it.

Curtis
2002 F-250 PSD
Gambling with 250/200's on PMR's.
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket View Post
Was that a dog that ran behind him towards the end?

Ok, I'll give props to Rogers for speaking up like he did, but IMO I think he missed a bigger opportunity. He spent his time making accusations and railing against the democrat's health care bill, but did not once offer any suggestions for alternative solutions. He spoke about how there are more opportunities to fix health care, but he never offered a single one himself in that speech. Sadly, in the end that's what's happening overall in Washington. Each side will gladly slam the other party's proposals, yet really have nothing constructive to add or offer much in terms of real solutions for anything. So for that, nothing was really accomplished in that speech. If you're going to point out faults in the bill, that's fine, great, do it. But don't just leave it at that, because in the end no one will listen if you don't add something constructive, or offer alternative ideas for people to consider.

That's my take on it.
You hit it on the head.

Why is it that there is so much whining now, when there has not been one iota of interest to significant reform previously?

After all, Republicans have controlled the White House for 20 out of the last 29 years.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Yeah, it's like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
You hit it on the head.

Why is it that there is so much whining now, when there has not been one iota of interest to significant reform previously?

After all, Republicans have controlled the White House for 20 out of the last 29 years.
Let's tell the rest of that story,

Reagan was opposed for all 8 years by the house and 2 years by the senate
Bush was opposed by both house and senate for all 4 years
Bush Jr was opposed by the house for 2 years and Senate for 4 years

I will give you the fact that Clinton was opposed by both the house and senate for 6 years

With any luck, Obama will only get 2 years un-opposed

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Gandy Dancer

Yeah, let's do tell the whole story.

Are you saying that Reagan and both Bush's were opposed in their effort's toward significant health care reform?

Oh wait.

They never even proposed anything.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode