Daily Devotions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
WINNING

Daily Devotions

United Goal

READ: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17

I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you. —1 Corinthians 1:10 The spotted owl has been disappearing in the US. Originally it was believed that old growth logging was its greatest threat. But research shows that one of the owl’s relatives may be the problem. For the past 15 years, the barred owl has been rapidly migrating westward. Barred owls, which used to live exclusively east of the Mississippi, compete for the same food as spotted owls but are more aggressive and adaptable.

In a similar way, our greatest spiritual conflict often comes not from outside the church, but from other Christians. This was happening in the church of Corinth, and Paul took some time to address the divisive spirit that had grown in this congregation. This spirit threatened the unity of the church. Paul, with a pastoral nudge, encouraged the Corinthians to agree on the essentials and not be divided over the nonessentials. People were quarreling because they were aligning themselves with different Christian leaders—Paul, Apollos, Peter, and even Christ. In creating these divisions, they were valuing their favorite leader above unity in Christ.

Paul said the one essential that should unify the church is preaching the good news. That should be our united goal as well. — Marvin Williams

Lord, bless our congregation, We humbly ask of Thee, That we may walk together in perfect unity. —Fennema

A united church is a strong church

2002 VW Jetta TDI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Daily Devotions

WTF..this doesn't need to be posted on a Diesel forum...all for saving the Owls and freedom of religion but come on How about a separation of church and diesel Forums.

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
WTF..this doesn't need to be posted on a Diesel forum...all for saving the Owls and freedom of religion but come on How about a separation of church and diesel Forums.
Read the section that it is in

I like reading those on CompD, we actually have a special section for it.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
WINNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSWIZ View Post
Wow! Didn't know that this was going to ruffle feathers, but it is in the correct section and if you don't want to read it, then don't! Plain and Simple. I actually posted this off of CompD, just figured that we could use it over here as well. Have a great day!

-French

2002 VW Jetta TDI
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Lovin Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy07 View Post
Wow! Didn't know that this was going to ruffle feathers, but it is in the correct section and if you don't want to read it, then don't! Plain and Simple. I actually posted this off of CompD, just figured that we could use it over here as well. Have a great day!

-French
Thank you for sharing sir.

02-350. CCSB - Drivetrain by Stauffer, fuel by Swamps, air by Barder, tunes by Gearhead.
04-250. ECSB - In the shop...7.3 swap.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:55 PM
PSN Veteran

Ya sorry didn't notice the section my bad. I apologize

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Full Force, Tymar, BTS, Icon, Pure Performance, TW tunes, just to name a few.

email:

Introduction only. Please email if I can help.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
WINNING

March 13

Power of a transformed life

I have appeared appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you.....I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light(Acts 26:16-18).

Scripture: Acts 26:12-18

Song:"Onward Christian Soldiers"

As witnesses, we can give a firsthand account of the work God has done in our lives. But what are the opportunities? They abound whenever we help someone walk through life's difficulties.

I recently visited with my neighbor Heather, who was struggling with marital problems. Though I didn't know exactly what to say, God helped me to simply befriend her. When i needed to speak, the words came naturally. When I suggested that prayer could help her and offered to pray for her, she opened up her life to Christ.

Simply sharing with others how god has transforms our lives is a powerful way to reach. And every Christian's testimony is important. But let us remembr that a large part of our witness comes through In how we live our lives before our neighbors. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing."

Dear Lord, help us to go to others and offer the hope of the gospel. Thank you, for working in my heart and in others' hearts, moving us all to recieve your truth. In all I say and do, may your name be lifted high! Amen.

2002 VW Jetta TDI
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 06:46 PM
PSN Veteran

Am I unamerican if I am not christian

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Am I unamerican if I am not christian
It depends how you define "unamerican". If you define it by saying this country was founded by Christians, then yes, you are unamerican. If you define it by the Constitution & Bill of Rights, or the fact that we allow all religions & atheism in this country, then no, you're not unamerican.

But you are an azzhole for asking that question in this thread. I don't go to church, but i have enough respect for those that do to not fukk up their thread with a pointed ridiculous question.

2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood SCT, 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

Quote:
Spelling is a lossed art.
Quote:
Always be sincere...even if you don't mean it.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
It depends how you define "unamerican". If you define it by saying this country was founded by Christians, then yes, you are unamerican. If you define it by the Constitution & Bill of Rights, or the fact that we allow all religions & atheism in this country, then no, you're not unamerican.

But you are an azzhole for asking that question in this thread. I don't go to church, but i have enough respect for those that do to not fukk up their thread with a pointed ridiculous question.
among you, it is a legitimate question. I feel your anger by being able to read the letters fukk it makes a huge difference from the #### I usually get. lol

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode