federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's oceans, - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
I helped make ur rimz....

federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's oceans,

Discuss........

SOURCE: Obama moving to limit fishing access - ESPN

Updated: March 8, 2010, 11:09 AM ET
Culled out
Obama administration will accept no more public input for federal fishery strategy
The Obama administration will accept no more public input for a federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's oceans, coastal areas, Great Lakes, and even inland waters.

recreational angling and commercial fishing are indiscriminately lumped together as harmful to the resource, has persisted with the task force, despite protests by the angling industry.

"what we're seeing coming at us is an attempted dismantling of the science-based fish and wildlife model that has served us so well. There's no basis in science for the agendas of these groups who are trying to push the public out of being able to fish and recreate.

Morlock, a member of the CSF board, added, "There are over one million jobs in America supported coast to coast by recreational fishing. The task force has not included any accountability requirements in their reports for evaluating or mitigating how the new policies they are drafting will impact the fishing industry or related economies.

"Given that the scope of this process appears to include a new set of policies for all coastal and inland waters of the United States, the omission of economic considerations is inexcusable."
This is not the only access issue threatening the public's right to fish, but it definitely is the most serious, according to Chris Horton, national conservation director for BASS.
"With what's being created, the same principles could apply inland as apply to the oceans," he said. "Under the guise of 'marine spatial planning' entire watersheds could be shut down, even 2,000 miles up a river drainage from the ocean.
"Every angler needs to be aware because if it's not happening in your backyard today or tomorrow, it will be eventually.

'95 F-350 Crew Cab Dually 7.3L. 187k miles - 6637, bitchin aftermarket headlights
'97 F-250 extended cab 7.3L 216k miles-6637, 4in straightpipe
'99 Dodge 2500 Laramie SLT 5.9L 222k miles- flex pipe exhaust, fatal 53 block- fml.
'92 F-350 CCLB 4x4 7.3IDI
Diesel- Fuel 4 Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Gandy Dancer

Re: federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's ocea

I read the entire article and find it hard to get all worked up on a bunch of 'maybe's.'

The only 'fact' presented is that the Administration has cut off "public comment." It doesn't even say how long that public comment has been ongoing. Years maybe?

I love to fish but, I also believe that we have to manage our fish resources to ensure their long term viability.

And that goes for both commercial and sport fishing. There have already been too many scientifically documented cases of wild stocks being decimated, because of a lack of adequate regulations are enforcement.

I personally will withhold judgement until such time as the recommendations are made.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Flossin'

Re: federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's ocea

I have friends who's lives depend on both commercial and recreational fishing. I doubt they get it passed, but still it sucks

Cody B
{1996 F250 XLT PSD AT}4 tires, a turbo, and a steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
If getting in and out of a truck a few inches above stock height is just too much of a chore on your regular trips to the store for tampons, then that would be a personal preference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode