Drill or No-drill, you guess- - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Drill or No-drill, you guess-

Obama and his buch screw up again-

Delay, Baby, Delay | Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less | American Solutions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Gandy Dancer

Re: Drill or No-drill, you guess-

Per your own link (if you just did a tad bit of research and clicked on a couple of links).

Quote:
Salazar said Interior’s next five-year offshore leasing plan will run from 2012-2017, rather than upending the current 2007-2012 program.
Quote:
But questions also remain about the remainder of the current 2007-2012 leasing schedule. A federal appeals court last year found that Interior botched a key environmental analysis when crafting the 2007-2012 plan and ordered a revised study.
Do you ever make an effort to find out if those e-mails you get are true?

And before you start blathering, I am an advocate of increased drilling as well as opening ANWR.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderpower View Post
I can be possible.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Per your own link (if you just did a tad bit of research and clicked on a couple of links).

Do you ever make an effort to find out if those e-mails you get are true?

And before you start blathering, I am an advocate of increased drilling as well as opening ANWR.
Links Gandy?

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Links Gandy?
Sure.

Offshore Drilling (click here)

Quote:
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar dropped some hints Wednesday about his long-awaited policy on offshore oil-and-gas drilling in federal waters, which he hopes to announce later this month.

Salazar said Interiorís next five-year offshore leasing plan will run from 2012-2017, rather than upending the current 2007-2012 program.

Thatís interesting because the Bush administration, on its way out the door, had proposed a draft 2010-2015 plan that would promote oil-and-gas development in large areas off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts (among other expansions).

Those regions had been off-limits until Congress allowed longstanding drilling bans to lapse in 2008 during a frenzied election-year debate over energy prices.

Nobody expected Salazar to adopt the Bush-era proposal whole cloth. But it had been unclear whether he would seek to modify it, or allow the current plan to run its course before a new lease sale schedule begins.

The White House has signaled that it is open to expanded offshore drilling as part of a comprehensive energy and climate package. Salazarís upcoming announcement could tip the administrationís hand to some degree about what new areas it may be willing to consider.

But questions also remain about the remainder of the current 2007-2012 leasing schedule. A federal appeals court last year found that Interior botched a key environmental analysis when crafting the 2007-2012 plan and ordered a revised study.

Never have so many politicians, screwed so many Americans...just to make one black person lose his job.
Quote:
I can be possible.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Sure.

That essentially still confirms the delay tactic

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Gandy Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That essentially still confirms the delay tactic
Keep digging.

The main delay from this administration is that Salazar has extended public comments for 6 months (from Bush's proposed March 23 deadline to Sept 23 deadline).

Considering that the courts slapped Bush in the face for a sloppy and incomplete environmental assessment, the 6 month delay seems prudent.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar suggested that some drilling will eventually be allowed. But he said the agency will give the public until Sept. 23 to comment, instead of the Bush administration's deadline of March 23. The agency will hold public meetings before a decision is made.

Salazar's announcement hinders the drilling schedule announced by the Bush administration on Jan. 16, the last federal workday of its term. That plan, which would have allowed drilling on up to 300 million acres off the U.S. coast, was to have taken effect in mid-2010. It allotted 60 days for public input.

The Bush administration's plan "was a headlong rush of the worst kind," Salazar said. "It was rigged to force harried decisions based on bad information."

Salazar's announcement came as a relief to officials in the energy industry, who feared that he would call for a renewal of a presidential moratorium on drilling off the coast. Bush allowed the moratorium to expire last summer.

"We don't see this as a bad thing," said Nicolette Nye, spokeswoman for the National Ocean Industries Association, which promotes offshore drilling. "We're pleased the new administration is continuing with the Ö process."

Environmentalists, who want the moratorium reinstated, were disappointed Tuesday.

Quote:
I can be possible.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
PSN Veteran

What I don't understand is the people that want to raise such a fuss over drillilng in our own country are the very people that love there big suv's, diesel trucks, etc. Not that I am against either as you see in my avitar. I am just for: not getting further and further dependant on foriegn oil. We have screwed Canada (wich use to be out largest supplier of oil) over so bad with taxes that they are cutting deals with the Chinese. So now we are without a doubt making the countries that are hostile towards our way of life filthy rich. The way I look at it is. Oil and gas happens to be our #1 source of energy. Untill we find a new energy we need to use our own and stop giving out money to people like Hugo Chaves and several more that would love to see America fall. My buisness is oil and gas and I can even say we need another energy because we are seriously screwing this world up. But untill then. It is what it is. Be smart, use your own natural resources.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but becase of the people who do nothing about it.
--Albert Einstein
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Oops wrong avitar lol. Thought that was my truck

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but becase of the people who do nothing about it.
--Albert Einstein
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
What I don't understand is the people that want to raise such a fuss over drillilng in our own country are the very people that love there big suv's, diesel trucks, etc. Not that I am against either as you see in my avitar. I am just for: not getting further and further dependant on foriegn oil. We have screwed Canada (wich use to be out largest supplier of oil) over so bad with taxes that they are cutting deals with the Chinese. So now we are without a doubt making the countries that are hostile towards our way of life filthy rich. The way I look at it is. Oil and gas happens to be our #1 source of energy. Untill we find a new energy we need to use our own and stop giving out money to people like Hugo Chaves and several more that would love to see America fall. My buisness is oil and gas and I can even say we need another energy because we are seriously screwing this world up. But untill then. It is what it is. Be smart, use your own natural resources.
Exactly, tell the Sierra Club and all the other tree huggers to shut up and pay attention. Tell the American oil companies to hire help, make deals with land owners and drill. If they make too much of a mess and don't keep it clean, the tree huggers can complain. But get that oil out of the ground and into refineries. Even if it won't be felt for ten years, lets get rolling on that ten years now.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Gandy Dancer

As I've mentioned earlier, I am a proponenet to increasing our exploration and production.

However, strict environmental regulations and oversight.............must be in place to protect our citizens.

I saw first hand what happens with a large spill (Exxon Valdez) and it is hard to fathom, for some people, how devastating it can be.

I also know that oil is a finite resource and if we don't get real serious about reducing our dependence on it (and not just reducing dependence on foreign oil).............a little budget deficit will be minuscule in comparison to the world we will be leaving future generations.

Quote:
I can be possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode