LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
7.3 PSD Mythology Expert

With Godís Help

With Godís Help
December 14, 2017

Read: Joshua 14:7Ė15
Bible in a Year: Joel 1Ė3; Revelation 5

So here I am today, eighty-five years old! . . . Iím just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.óJoshua 14:10-11

As Iíve grown older, Iíve noticed more joint pain, especially when cold weather hits. Some days, I feel less like a conqueror and more like someone conquered by the challenges of becoming a senior citizen.

Thatís why my hero is an older man named Calebóthe former spy sent by Moses to scout out Canaan, the Promised Land (Num. 13-14). After the other spies gave an unfavorable report, Caleb and Joshua were the only spies out of the twelve whom God favored to enter Canaan. Now, in Joshua 14, the time for Caleb to receive his portion of land had come. But there were enemies still to drive out. Not content to retire and leave the battle to the younger generation, Caleb declared, ďYou yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he saidĒ (Josh. 14:12).

ďThe LORD helping me.Ē Thatís the kind of mindset that kept Caleb battle-ready. He focused on Godís power, not his own, nor on his advanced age. God would help him do whatever needed to be done.

Most of us donít think of taking on anything monumental when we reach a certain age. But we can still do great things for God, no matter how old we are. When Caleb-sized opportunities come our way, we donít have to shy away from them. With the Lord helping us, we can conquer! óLinda Washington

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me the strength to get through each day. Help me to do Your will.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

INSIGHT: Caleb had grown up in the slavery of Egypt. Heíd seen God rescue His people from the grip of Pharaoh and provide for them for forty years in a hot and barren wilderness. Heíd seen giantlike people make his fellow spies feel like insects (Num. 13:33), yet even in his old age he relied on Godís help to conquer the land.

Are you faced with an impossible situation? The same God who helped Caleb can help you too. Mart DeHaan

Share your thoughts on todayís devotional on Facebook or www.odb.org.

David Lott
Quote:
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
No purpose no happiness, know purpose know happiness ---> Happiness is a direction not a destination.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode